dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DVBWorld Software Blindscan show

DVBWorld Newsoftware Version:

install DVBWorld New software and update the new driver, then open the DVBWorld.exe:
settings sat and LNB,then press " Scan Sat",
select "Blind scan a satellite":

jg34uw.jpg

when u press "Blind Scaning start",it will show "warning...",pls check the warning:
2ltpkkh.jpg

press" NO" ,now the software start to blind scaning...
mkdmpz.jpg

when blindscan ok,it show other "warning"...,if u press "yes", now the new TPs and channels will be saved.:angel:
2pzwtas.jpg

igxfzr.jpg

the blind scan function only support DVBWorld "pci2004D/PCI-E2006/USB2104D" DVB-S2 devices!!

Last edited:
the download is on Sadouns forums but i can't get it to work with XP.

That update is from April 13, 2010. I installed it a while back and I am not having any problems with it on Windows XP.
It is not the Blind Scan version as DVBWorld mentioned releasing the Blind Scan version after this was released.
We are still waiting for the Blind Scan version of the software to be released.

That update is from April 13, 2010. I installed it a while back and I am not having any problems with it on Windows XP.
It is not the Blind Scan version as DVBWorld mentioned releasing the Blind Scan version after this was released.
We are still waiting for the Blind Scan version of the software to be released.

maybe it is working for me was looking for the blind scan function thank you for the update.

While waiting for answers to the above, I wonder if someone using these receivers could answer a couple quick questions.

Will these DVB-S2 receivers work with TSREADER (I think TSREADER lists some DVB-S models, but not the S2 models, so I'm guessing that the answer is no?)?

Second question... do these receivers work on the transponders with SRs above 30000? I think the specs say that 30,000 is the maximum SR, however I'm pretty sure that at least one of my 4 S2 receivers also list 30,000 as a max, and yet at least locks transponders in the low 30s .

Just curious. Looking for a new PCI or USB S2 tuner as a backup to my 3200, but would really like TSREADER compatability, and the ability to tune the several transponders that are above 30,000 is important too.

Thanks

They do not work with TSReader, but there is stand alone transport stream recorder that you can record a little bit of the stream with and then open that file in TSReader to view the streams information.

The (Montage demodulator) is suppose to be able to tune up to a maximum symbol rate of:
45 Msps for QPSK and 8PSK
36 Msps for 16APSK
28 Msps for 32APSK

The highest symbol rate that I have locked is 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK, but that is because I have not found anything higher on the Ku-Band.

I can not lock any of the 33000 DVB-S2 data transponders (I am still trying to figure out this issue), but that could be due to other reasons like DVB-S2/ACM (Adaptive coding and modulation) and DVB-S2/VCM (Variable coding and modulation) that those data transponders are using.

I found the other day an HD CW feed that has a 32000 SR and for me the DVBWorld doesn't display the video, it freezes on one image so I assume it is not capable of properly tuning that high a SR

Thanks for both.
I haven't really run across that many above 30,000, and I don't think I've seen the 32000 one. Mainly interested in the 31250 transponders, which my 3200 does fine, and I think the Azbox did them too. The 33000 transponders {on ku}, I haven't tried on the Azbox. The 3200 locks them, but there are tons of errors. Tried locking them with my Diamond 9000, and not only won't it lock on them, it managed to lock up the receiver when I tried. Not important, as they are data
It's not so much that there are channels that I need to watch, but I just figure that as soon as I buy a new receiver, all sorts of transponders will pop up with SRs higher than 30,000 , and I'll be sorry that I didn't choose one that could do that.
thanks

I found the other day an HD CW feed that has a 32000 SR and for me the DVBWorld doesn't display the video, it freezes on one image so I assume it is not capable of properly tuning that high a SR

It was high but as far as I know this wasn't an HD S2 8psk feed so it should have run well on my computer. As soon as I get home I'll pm you the sat and freq of that feed

I wouldn't ask this if you hadn't said "as far as I know this wasn't an HD S2 8psk feed", suggesting that you didn't check the parameters. Anyway, I'm curious whether it's possible that maybe this feed doesn't have a 32000 SR, but might be one of those DVB-S CW-NET feeds, like on G19, which have 32362 SRs? If you were that far off on SR, I'd expect issues such as freezing video.

Perhaps you found it via blind scan, and 32000 was as high as it would search?

Off topic. When I decided this morning to ask this question, I tried tuning in one of those CW-NET transponders with my Genpix, just to make sure it was still there at the same SR. I couldn't lock it. I tried and tried, and found that I could lock it with my TH-1020a, TT-3200, and Azbox, but not with my Genpix. I was confused re what was wrong with the Genpix, then tried another transponder, which worked fine. Confused more, after several hours, I finally went to the Genpix web page, and noticed that it TOO has an upper limit of 30,000 SR, which I had never realized before. Anyway, sometimes it saves time to read the manual. I guess it's no big deal, because I have plenty of other receivers that do 32362 SR DVB-S, I just never realized that it had that upper limit.

Not sure if I've found the correct software with the blind scan feature. I haven't been able to get the driver to load on my computer. But here's the page with the software download that promises the blind search.

hxxp://www.worlddvb.com.cn/html/softdown.htm

I keep coming up with an error 39 in the driver. I'm in the process of trying a fresh download now in the hope that might solve the problem. But I thought I would give someone else the opportunity to play and see whether they could do better than me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts