dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what seems to be the problem ? specific questions get specific answers.

crackt out,.

I just bought this Dvb World PCI 2004D card from sadoun. Using the latest version of software downloaded from sadoun site, I entered my dish, lnb, and switch settings. Scanned AMC 1 and got Pentagon channel. After that, it wouldn't lock on any other sat. The motor functions don't seem to work right when I click goto x, sometimes it goes to the sat position and sometimes it just moves the dish part way. Overall, I just don't understand how it functions, how it saves sat settings for each channel, or how to get the DiseqC 1.2 motor function to work. I never had so much trouble with a receiver. If I'm not making myself clear, then I guess I'll keep looking until I find an answer somewhere. Sadoun forum was certainly no help (what a joke) and guess I wasted $119. Thanks a lot sadoun. Yeah, you bet I'm mad. :mad:

I just bought this Dvb World PCI 2004D card from sadoun. Using the latest version of software downloaded from sadoun site, I entered my dish, lnb, and switch settings. Scanned AMC 1 and got Pentagon channel. After that, it wouldn't lock on any other sat. The motor functions don't seem to work right when I click goto x, sometimes it goes to the sat position and sometimes it just moves the dish part way. Overall, I just don't understand how it functions, how it saves sat settings for each channel, or how to get the DiseqC 1.2 motor function to work. I never had so much trouble with a receiver. If I'm not making myself clear, then I guess I'll keep looking until I find an answer somewhere. Sadoun forum was certainly no help (what a joke) and guess I wasted $119. Thanks a lot sadoun. Yeah, you bet I'm mad. :mad:

i havent had any trouble with diseqc 1.2. how exactly are you setting up your switch settings >? ill put a diseqc motor on mine and check it out.

crackt out,.

Dish setup with 2104D.

I am trying to setup a dish using my 2104D. This is my first dish setup. I am using a new universal LNB with a 80cm dish. I have set the azimuth and elevation according to the dishpointer website.

I am attempting to align the dish by going up on the roof with my laptop, extension cord and 2104D box. Then hooking eveything up and trying to lock onto a satellite. I have been able to get a 90% signal strentgh, but the quality meter behaves strange. The problem I am having with the quality meter is that it will always jump from 10% quality to 95% quality. It will stay at 95% for exactly 3 seconds then drop to 10% for 3 seconds and never alters from this cyclic behaver while I am trying to lock on.

Is this normal for the 2104D? Both the signal strength and quality bars are always solid red in color. I have not been able to lock onto anything.

I am trying to setup a dish using my 2104D. This is my first dish setup. I am using a new universal LNB with a 80cm dish. I have set the azimuth and elevation according to the dishpointer website.

I am attempting to align the dish by going up on the roof with my laptop, extension cord and 2104D box. Then hooking eveything up and trying to lock onto a satellite. I have been able to get a 90% signal strentgh, but the quality meter behaves strange. The problem I am having with the quality meter is that it will always jump from 10% quality to 95% quality. It will stay at 95% for exactly 3 seconds then drop to 10% for 3 seconds and never alters from this cyclic behaver while I am trying to lock on.

Is this normal for the 2104D? Both the signal strength and quality bars are always solid red in color. I have not been able to lock onto anything.
It will be better to open a new thread so that your problem would get maximum exposure.
Having said that, what staellite are you trying to lock on?

Do you have another stb? I've just never had much with luck with the signal/snr meters on dvb cards. My dreambox isn't much better though lol.

I love my satlook nit but understand that's not an option for everyone.

i havent had any trouble with diseqc 1.2. how exactly are you setting up your switch settings >? ill put a diseqc motor on mine and check it out.

crackt out,.

Switch operation functions okay, it's the motor function that I was having problems with. But I think I found the answer. The DVBWorld software apparently only does USALS and will not save a sat position using DiseqC 1.2 to move the dish. I was also told that you have to go into sat config and change the sat everytime you change channels to a different sat. That explains a majority of the problems I've been having.

I apologize for the tone of my earlier post and the comments about sadoun. At the time I was frustrated and frazzled after spending an entire day trying to figure it out. I'm better now. :) Thanks for your help.

Switch operation functions okay, it's the motor function that I was having problems with. But I think I found the answer. The DVBWorld software apparently only does USALS and will not save a sat position using DiseqC 1.2 to move the dish. I was also told that you have to go into sat config and change the sat everytime you change channels to a different sat. That explains a majority of the problems I've been having.

I apologize for the tone of my earlier post and the comments about sadoun. At the time I was frustrated and frazzled after spending an entire day trying to figure it out. I'm better now. :) Thanks for your help.

im running a pcie2006 and it has zero problems with diseqc 1.2 only thing i think sucks about their implementation is that your not able to edit the position numbers. i have never been able to fast tune any channel with the dvbworld software. it crashes on any channel change on my htpc. codec changes dont matter either. if it scanned to tp.ini files itd be perfect in my eyes.

crackt out,.

I have Questions for DvbWorld.
1. Will You update software/cardreader plugin to support Conax CAS7, Conax CAS7 Core, Seca Mediaguard 4.0 and Nagravision 3 smartcards.
2. On specification card is DiSEqC 1.2 / USALS Support. Will you add also 1.0 and 2.0 diseqc support.
My card is PCIE 2006

I cant speak for windows, but in linux there is a function for sending diseqc commands, what diseqc commands you send (v1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3/2.0) is up to the user's application.

so if the driver supports v1.2, it automatically supports 2.0

Here are a few of the scan times using the "Fast blind scan option":

125°W Ku 3:44
97°W Ku 3:29
87°W Ku 3:47
79°W Ku 1:02 (ONLY KTEL was active)
72°W Ku 3:05

No active transponders were missed on the satellites tested.
(1666 was the lowest symbol rate found on the scans,
I will check lower onestomorrow morning.)
I did a "Detail" scan of 105.0°W with my Coolsat 5K and I was surprised to Pickup a new Echostar slate on 12123 H, 1000SR, which the DVBWorld 2104D receiver missed. But I manually added it to the DVBWorld USB 2104D, scanned and it displayed the video. I even used the double (2X) blind scan option and it still didn't pick it up.:(

Can anyone comment on the sensitivity of the DVBWorld PCIe 2006 vs. the Solomend/Openbox? I've just received a used DVBWorld card and I'm not getting a lot of transponders found with the blind-scan, even on satellites that are normally very strong. It only found about half the TPs on 97W Ku, for example, and only found the NBC mux on 72W Ku. It's a windy day and the Solomend isn't finding 100% of the TPs 100% of the time, but it's finding a LOT more than the DVBWorld.

There's a guy on Rick's board who said that his PCIe 2006 misses a lot on scans, and he took a lot of flack from owners of the USB versions who said that theirs never misses anything, but he insists he knows what he's talking about. I wondered if maybe he was using the pre-blind-scan software because he said it missed any transponders that were closer than 60 MHz. I just checked and mine is definitely finding TPs closer than that (closest are about 7 MHz, and the guy I bought it from said he never knew of it missing any TPs, so I'm wondering what the problem is.

I just scanned 101W and it only found ONE transponder! I scanned that bird several times today with the Solomend and it was finding all TPs, so I know for sure that the wind isn't the problem there even though it intermittently misses some TPs on the weaker 97W bird.

Last edited:
Also, I've seen some old posts saying that sometimes it won't scan programs in if you try to do it during the blind scan, so out of curiosity, I tried scanning transponders only. This time it made it up to 14 TPs on 97W, but then when I tried to scan those transponders for programs, the configuration dialog just closes without doing anything! What the heck?

I'm running Windows 7, but I'm using 32-bit mode. I thought all the problems I read about with 7 only pertained to 64-bit mode. Am I mis-informed?

One last thing: I've been trying the "slow blind scan" mode that supposedly scans twice with different step sizes. The first few times I tried it, I only saw the progress bar go up once, so I assumed that it was subsuming both scans under one progress bar. Not so! I just tried a different satellite, and this time the progress bar went up twice, once fast (during which it found nothing BTW) and one slow (during which it found 2 out of at least 3 active TPs on the particular bird.) So why the random behavior? After the first particularly disappointing run of the software, during which it hung, I ran it in compatibility mode, and there have been no more hangs, but so far the scan results have been most unsatisfying. Definitely not what I expected after reading other reviews of DVBworld's offerings! But then again, most if not all of the other reviews have pertained to the USB version, not the PCIe one. Can there really be that much difference in sensitivity of the tuners, or is this software just trash? (A pity if it is, since, correct me if I'm wrong, none of the third-party software supports blind scan.)

Last edited:
your pretty much right about the software. i used to blindscan with my 2006 but have since purchased a solemend. the solemend is definately better at finding signals. dvbworld used to be quite active here but i havent seen any response to alot of issues in a couple months. alot of s2 tps wont even lock with the 2006 when my azbox shows 99% quality. i havent used mine in quite a while.

crackt out,.

Well, I could probably live with buggy software, but if the hardware can't pick up TPs it should have no trouble picking up, that's a deal-breaker.

I love the Solomend, but I wanted something that could do 4:2:2, streaming, etc., without paying the price for an AZbox (and aren't they all buggy anyway?) I guess I should've waited for SatelliteAV's new box, but I got tired of waiting!

So, how about some feedback from other DVBWorld owners? Come on, it's the only modern card with widely-available blind-scanning, somebody has to have one! Specifically, what I'm looking to find out is whether the terrible sensitivity is only a problem with the PCIe version, or whether the PCI and USB versions have it too.

I have the PCI version and I'm leaning towards the problems being in the software.
For example on 123w 12104v 3361 DVB-S2 UWTV just booms in on my Prof 7301 quality 100% even when I bump the dish off. The is no way I can get the DVBworld card to blindscan this signal yet it will find other weaker signals on the same sat.
I'm not too impressed with the software that comes with it, channel changes are very slow compared with the Prof card using the DVBworld program or other software the driver won't come out of standby on my set up and it lacks Disqc support in most 3rd party software.
Having said that it does have a useful if not 100% reliable blindscan function which is more than can be set for most PC cards, I just wish Prof or Advance Tune would get their act together and get blindscan working on some of their cards.

Here's a reply I just got on another board:

Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum - View Single Post - DVBWorld PCIe-2006 questions

I'm hoping that it's a software issue, because that would mean that it would be fixable -- although getting DVBWorld to fix ANYTHING these days just doesn't seem to be happening :(

What puzzles me greatly is that most people aren't reporting these problems. No matter how buggy the software is, most people who have tried the blind scan function report that it finds everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)