Dvbworld Software with Blindscan Released

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been somewhat out of the FTA loop for a while :(. I just ordered a new DVB-S2 CA USB 2104D to replace my old DVB World Box :). After reading this thread it convinced me to get back into it. How well does this new USB box work with Vista??

DVB Word

Thanks for adding the Blind Scan feature to your Montage series products! It was suggested just 4 months ago. Given your work on other products, its a quite impressive response to your customers requests. Sure, it will be improved and integrated with more Sat TV Viewer applications overtime. There is already a feedback thread on this forum, you may want to look through periodically. What Sat TV Viewer packages will support this feature for DVB Word tuners? :) :up

DVB Word

Thanks for adding the Blind Scan feature to your Montage series products! It was suggested just 4 months ago. Given your work on other products, its a quite impressive response to your customers requests. Sure, it will be improved and integrated with more Sat TV Viewer applications overtime. There is already a feedback thread on this forum, you may want to look through periodically. What Sat TV Viewer packages will support this feature for DVB Word tuners? :) :up

add fast Blindscan option ,so the scan speed is more improved :
5364qs.jpg

add slow Blindscan option. changed two times to blindscan, so improve the speed:
mjvdbr.jpg

1zgq4g1.jpg

6hks9h.jpg

www.worlddvb.com.cn

Last edited:
Does anyone have one of these cards working under Windows7 64? Does the hardware have an impact on the scan times? (IE a fast FSB / CPU would equal faster scans?) I am looking forward to see someone test the new fast scan option referenced by DVBWorld.

Last edited:
When can we download this update? (It is not on your website yet)

Also could you please add LNB options for North America? The standard Ku band LNB has a local frequency of 10750 MHz. If you enter the the local frequency of 10750 into the DVBWorld program the scan range is from: 11700 - 12900, but in North America it should be from 11700 - 12200. The same goes for C band where it would be nice to have a option for 5150 MHz that only scans from 3700 - 4200.

Probably the best way to address this issue is to create a "LNB.ini" file in the DVBWorld directory that would allow users to "override" the default scan ranges:

Example:

Type, LNB Frequency, Start Frequency, Stop Frequency, 22 KHz Tone
Standard Ku, 10750, 11700, 12200, OFF
Standard C, 5150, 3700, 4200, OFF

The format could be different if you would like to allow band stacked LNBs.

Another possible solution would be to save the user's last used "Start Frequency" and "End Frequency".

Thanks DVBWorld.

Does anyone have one of these cards working under Windows7 64? Does the hardware have an impact on the scan times? (IE a fast FSB / CPU would equal faster scans?) I am looking forward to see someone test the new fast scan option referenced by DVBWorld.

I don't think that the computers hardware will make much of a difference, because the blind scanning is done by hardware in the receiver. I tried Windows 7 64 a few months ago and the DVBWorld tuner worked very well. (I don't have Windows 7 installed anymore as my Twinhan and Broadlogic satellite tuners don't have 64 bit drivers :()

I don't think that the computers hardware will make much of a difference, because the blind scanning is done by hardware in the receiver. I tried Windows 7 64 a few months ago and the DVBWorld tuner worked very well. (I don't have Windows 7 installed anymore as my Twinhan and Broadlogic satellite tuners don't have 64 bit drivers :()

Thanks! This would be the only dvbs card I would have installed so I would not have to worry about that. Did you have any issue getting drivers or do they come with the card?
Which model did you use with W7 64.

Thanks! This would be the only dvbs card I would have installed so I would not have to worry about that. Did you have any issue getting drivers or do they come with the card?
Which model did you use with W7 64.

I have the DVB-S2 HD CA&CI USB BOX (USB-2104D). It came with a 80mm mini Drivers CD, but I would download most recent drivers (That include blind scan) from DVBWorld's website.

I have the DVB-S2 HD CA&CI USB BOX (USB-2104D). It came with a 80mm mini Drivers CD, but I would download most recent drivers (That include blind scan) from DVBWorld's website.

Good to know. I was thinking of the DVBWorldDTV DVB-S2 PCIe 2006, it looks to be the same except for the interface. (PCI-E vs USB)

Good to know. I was thinking of the DVBWorldDTV DVB-S2 PCIe 2006, it looks to be the same except for the interface. (PCI-E vs USB)

They should be that same with the exception of PCI-E vs. USB.
Just make sure to get a tuner that is supported by the blind scan feature: PCI 2004D, PCI-E 2006, USB 2104D DVB-S2 devices.

They should be that same with the exception of PCI-E vs. USB.
Just make sure to get a tuner that is supported by the blind scan feature: PCI 2004D, PCI-E 2006, USB 2104D DVB-S2 devices.

thanks for the information. I went ahead and ordered the PCI-E 2006. I have been wanting toget a pc tuner for a while, this seemed like a good fit with the 64 bit Windows 7 support and the blind scan working.

Are you using the card to move a motor? I noticed in the specs it states Diseqc 1.2 support. Not sure about USALS control. I guess I will soon find out.

Are you using the card to move a motor? I noticed in the specs it states Diseqc 1.2 support. Not sure about USALS control. I guess I will soon find out.

I am using my Coolsat 6000 to control my motor, because most computer tuners are not very good at controlling motors.
I have tried the DVBWorld motor control a few times, and it has Diseqc 1.2 / USALS support.
I did not find the USALS support to be very user friendly, but it did work.

How well does the blind scan work and is it a hardware blind scan?

The blind scan works very well, it is a hardware blind scan, however it is a little bit on the slow side (around 10-15 minutes for a satellite) but DVBWorld mentioned today that they are adding a "fast scan option".

(EDIT: The new software is on DVBWorld's website)

Last edited:
I am using my Coolsat 6000 to control my motor, because most computer tuners are not very good at controlling motors.
I have tried the DVBWorld motor control a few times, and it has Diseqc 1.2 / USALS support.
I did not find the USALS support to be very user friendly, but it did work.

The blind scan works very well, it is a hardware blind scan, however it is a little bit on the slow side (around 10-15 minutes for a satellite) but DVBWorld mentioned today that they are adding a "fast scan option".

(EDIT: The new software is on DVBWorld's website)

Just ordered the "USB 2104D DVB-S2" from Sadoun yesterday. I see you use BLSA with it. How does it compare with TSreader? How compatible is it with Skygrabber?

The card sounds like its a good choice. This would be my first card/receiver, as I am completly new to all this. The best deal I could find on the card is Ebay for $130 plus $10 intl. shipping. Is this about what everyone else is paying?

Next I would need to source an antenna. I do have my old DirectTV antenna I removed from the side of my apartment after cancelling the service. It is sitting out back collecting dust, maybe I can recycle it and put it to some use. I will have to look and try to find more info on that, but at some point I would probably want to go with a motor controlled antenna.

Just ordered the "USB 2104D DVB-S2" from Sadoun yesterday. I see you use BLSA with it. How does it compare with TSreader? How compatible is it with Skygrabber?

BSLA is a budget spectrum analyzer, completely different then tsreader

I dont beleive the 2104D is compatible with tsreader except through BDA which BDA removes pretty much most functionality from any tuner card.

skygrabber as far as I know is compatible with pretty much any BDA driver.

be sure it is indeed the 2104D version cause you don't wanna get screwed like I was (check page 4 of this thread for details)

BSLA is a budget spectrum analyzer, completely different then tsreader

I dont beleive the 2104D is compatible with tsreader except through BDA which BDA removes pretty much most functionality from any tuner card.

skygrabber as far as I know is compatible with pretty much any BDA driver.

Thanks for your input. Forgive my ignorance. What does BDA stand for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)