DVI Conflict Error After Software Update 7.26

All Model Numbers that you requested

Sean: here is a list of all the models that I could find on this thread with dvi errors:

Akai 55 inch rear projection HDTV
Sony 42W655 42" LCD Rear Projection--manufactured Jan 2005
Sharp 45GX6u
Sony KDF-60XS9550
Sony KDF-50WE655
(Sony 42WE655
JVC D-ILA HD-52Z575
Sony LCD with 768p native resolution
Sony - KDF60XS955
Sony KP-51WS520
Sony 50w655
sammy hlp-6163w
Sony 42" Grand Wega 42WE655.
60" lcd sony wega
Sony Grand Wega XBR LCD
KDF-55WF655

Hope this saves you some time

Add Sony KDF-55WF655, at least on a very short term basis. I've had Voom for about 4 months and have used a DVI - HDMI cable since I got it. For about 20 minutes a week ago, I got this problem. Never saw it before and have not seen it since.

spahoose said:
My year-old Sony Grand Wega, Ilya
Hey, I don't have any DVI issues! so you can remove my year-old Sony Grand Wega from the list. ;)

Any updates on this? My JVC-DILA listed above won't work with the DVI cable. I know the cable isn't bad because I still have D* and when I swap it over things work just fine.

I have a Sony 42" Grand Wega 42WE655 and had this problem as posted in this thread about 10 days after receiving VOOM. I had, intitially, a Monster HDMI/DVI adapter connected to the VOOM DVI cable. Sometimes the order or turning on helped, but then I ordered a regular DVI/HDMI cable (not adapter) from the Monoprice site (only $10, so decided worth a try)--I returned my Monster HDMI adapter to Best Buy.

So far, I have not had the DVI Conflict error since hooking up this cable. Also, I am careful, especially when there are new channel updates (as this happened the first day of the new channel updates in the first part of March), to leave my VOOm box on Channel 100 when I turn if off at night and then when I turn it on, leave enough time for any updating or cycling it needs to do BEFORE turning on my TV.

So far, so good--let's hope it stays that way.

Not My Akai

I have the Akai 55" PT5598HDI and have no DVI compatability issues with Voom. DVI actually looks much better than component viewing Voom on my Akia set.

DVI work fine for the week that I've had Voom. Today I get the DVI conflict message. Sanyo Z3 projector

I too have a JVC D-Ila 52Z575 and using a monster DVI/hdmi cable occationally get the (DVI Conflict) mssg, the rest of the time its works great. Usually restarting both TV and unit seems to rectify things tho. Not sure tho if any one way or the other of powering up is the fix or what. I do know it takes these TV's a bit before they finish powering up so maybe sometimes thats confusing the software?

DVI conflict occurred yesterday for a second time!

Hello,

I have had Voom since December 2004, just after I bought a new Sony KDF-55WF655 LCD RPTV. The TV only has HDMI input, while the Voom receiver came with DVI output. I was initially using the component cables that came with the Voom receiver. Then, I purchased a Monster DVI-HDMI cable this January.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the DVI conflict error appear on my screen. "Please check the DVI connection. Your DVI device does not seem to be responding to HD Content Protection requests." At that time, I simple shut off the Voom receiver and my TV, disconnected the cable at both ends and reconnected it. That seemed to have done the trick.

However, yesterday, I got the error again, and repeated the process of diconnecting and reconnecting the cables. That didn't work. I tried all combinations of starting the TV first and then the Voom receiver and vice versa, without any luck.

I finally called Voom tech support. They said they could do nothing about it. He did mention that there was some sort of software upgrade they were working on to fix the DVI issue and that I should check to see if it works in a few hours. I am currently back to using the component cables. I'll connect the DVI-HDMI cable tomorrow, and hope that it works.

I hope this issue is resolved soon. In case you'll have any updates on this issue, please do pot it here.

Glad to know Voom is adding more than 50 channels to its lineup!

Cheers.

I think you can remove Sharp 45GX4u from the list.

I tried a new DVI cable and *so far* it is working. It is working longer than it did before.

I'll post if anything changes.

I, too have just had the DVI Conflict Error message again--yesterday, Apr 6, out of the blue. It had been ok for a couple of weeks, after I replaced the DVI/HDMI adapter with a DVI/HDMI cable.

Now, again, having the same error message and nothing helps.

Have a 42" Sony KDF-42WE655, LCD PRojector.

I hope the engineers can get this remedied soon--it really ruins things.

I now am also having problems with the Digital (Optical) Audio Out port--it does not work consistently--have to turn the A/V (Sony) Receiver off and on and sometimes that does not work.

I have a Sony KDF-60XS9550 with two HDMI ports and three sets component ports. I had the DVI conflict as well. It is a known bug in the VOOM box's software. I just use one set of component inputs for VOOM for the time being and all is well. Sure, I'd rather have the digital (HDMI) vs. analog (component) connection going, but I must admit it was pretty tough to tell the difference in picture quality.

I have a Sony KDF-50WE655 I am using the component port I ordered my DVI - HDMI cable today. I see a lot of Sonys here and would like to ask a question. After being on all day my set will have a small white light in the screen on all channels but change the imputs it's not there just on my VOOM receiver. I can turn the sat. off when it comes back on the light is gone. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Ol' Reb said:
I have a Sony KDF-50WE655 I am using the component port I ordered my DVI - HDMI cable today. I see a lot of Sonys here and would like to ask a question. After being on all day my set will have a small white light in the screen on all channels but change the imputs it's not there just on my VOOM receiver. I can turn the sat. off when it comes back on the light is gone. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Known bug... press the Voom button, then the back or watch button and it will go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts