Dvr 921

carlitta

Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I just upgraded to a 622. My question - I have taken the Dish DVR 921 out of service. Can someone else who has an old receiver use it? What would they have to do if they could? I know that the receiver that they have now is not a DVR, and it is probably a much older receiver.

They should be able to call Dish and get it activated. They probably won't be able to get any HD channels from Dish, but they could record OTA HD with it. The 921 has a pretty big hard drive, so they could record lots of SD from Dish.

If they take the old receiver out of service and replace it with the 921, will there be an extra charge?

I helped them set it up and Dish said $5.98 for something, $5.00 for something else, and another $5.00 if a phone was not attached. I believed that these were monthly charges. What should it cost monthly to add the 921 as an additional receiver?

$5.98 if dvr fee - charged if lower package, $5 additional receiver charge - charged as second to sixth receiver on one account, $5 is additional tuner charge - 921 was never charged that so that may be wrong or Dish started to charge as new activation (not sure on this, you may have been grandfathered in) hooking it up to phone line will negate this charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts