DVR Alert Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All times Edt
Starz
Tonight
Click 9 pm
If you like Jerry Bruckheimer films...
Crimson Tide on StarzHD 10:50 pm

Showtime
Tonight
Neil Young: Heart of Gold 8pm

Comedy
Tonight -Early Wed
Bob Saget: That ain't right HBO 11:35 pm
Mo'Nique: I Coulda Been Your SHO 12:30 am
George Lopez: America's Mexican HBO 2:35 am

VS/GF
Rocky 9 pm (upconvert?)

HistoryHD
The Universe 8 pm

The Universe is a great series... I watched it since its first episode in SD. Hope to capture past episodes in HD. Anyway tonights epsiode is repeated at 12am...

9/8 (all times Edt)
HDNMV
The Silence Of The Lambs 8pm
IIRC, the Criterion DVD is not anamorphic, and the commercial DVD is not as good a transfer, so this looks like a definite External Drive archive file.
BTW, this is a must see film, I'd put it in the top 50, maybe higher. One of the great acting performances ever by Anthony Hopkins. Of course, a "dark" film, not particular cheery...

TNT
9/15 all times Edt...
National Lampoons Vacation 12pm
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 2pm
National Lampoons Vegas Vacation 4pm
Men In Black 6pm
Men In Black II 8pm

9/16
Blade 3pm
Blade II 5pm
Blade: Trinity 7pm
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

If anyone ever finds Blade Runner in HD, commercial-free, please PM me. I had it saved on my hard drive, but lost it before EHD was enabled.
Obsolete.

Ridley Scott has been trying to release his Special Edition for about 10 years, and has been blocked by a legal rights owner (sometimes when a film goes over budget, they go to special lenders for the extra money, and those guys often get some legal rights... in this case, that person did not like Blade Runner, and so for years has refused to allow any new versions).
Recently, the situation changed (I did not hear what happened), and the Special Edition will finally be released.
Basically, it is cleaned up using digital technology that did not exist when the film was made. In some places, wires can be seen, in other places, the face of a mannikin used for a scene can be seen to not be the actor's face, and so forth - all have been fixed - just as it would have been done in post-production - had the technology been available at the time.
It also includes one word of dialogue change - the original script had a mathematical error, caused by the author working too late :) - but the error caused many people to assume a plot twist that was never intended - so it has now been overdubbed digitally.
Also included are three scenes that were cut from the US releaess, but were part of the International releases.
And, an important scene is restored which was originally not included because it was lost (and was later found and restored).
I have talked several times with the guy in charge of the Special Edition, and he has very high standards, so it should be top notch.
It's going to be released theatrically in November, and to HD-DVD, Blu-Ray and DVD on December 18th (the packages will include all earlier editions, plus a couple of documentaries).
Here's a little more info:
Blade Runner: The Final Cut – and a Sequel? « The Official Star Wars Blog

Last edited: