DVR & BLACKOUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
this is dumb question today i was up 6AM and i was record the boomer and carton show on MSG and today its was blackout who fault was it? MSG or D? but when i came home at 9:30 the blackout was lifted, and why doesn't DVR record blackout programmes? just in case this happen

Directv has to follow the rules set to them by the provider. As to why it was blacked out (and not a pro game) that doesnt make sence. I assume MSG is NOT one of your RSN's and you sub to the multi-sport package?

If the program is blacked out it wont record. It records the program until the blackout hits then it stops. When I've recorded hockey games during the freeview I record them via the RSN (and not the NHL CI channel). It always seems to go an extra minute then stops.

i just hope it doesn't happen again dumb talk shows shouldn't be blackout, i think someone at MSG got lazy at forgot to lift the blackout, these shows is the only reason i sub to the sports-pack, i been recording this show for 3yrs, lets see if blackout tomorrow!

the only time a channel is blacked out (if you're outside the area) is pro sports and some college games. Sadly replays have been too. But general programming shouldn't be***

***-YES is the exception to the rule and they seem to black out a lot of weird programming that shouldnt be.

yesterday was a mistake! and i thought it is was but when these mistake comes up its at the worst time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)