DVR for just SD subscribers?

jeffs471

Nov 1, 2005
I ony have basic extended, nothing digital even. Can anyone comment on if I could get a dvr? I know people in my area have the moxi but all I ever hear about is its hd features.

Will adelphia give me a dvr even though I have such a low plan?
What is the record quality on SD non digital content, can anyone comment on how it compares to say a S2 tivo?

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
welcome to the site jeffs471.

you could get a sd dvr from them. you might have to get and pay for the digital channels.

or you could go with the tivo. they are running ads for it. you can get it for 50 bucks after rebate.

jeffs471

Nov 1, 2005
I actually have a series 2 tivo. The quality is dismal. I get scrolling lines across the picture that slow down and speed up, something is obviously wrong with the rf tuner, a problem many people seem to have. Tivo wants me to pay fifty bucks to ship it to them to try and fix it. I've also read many stories of people sending their tivo's in for work and it taking months. I don't think its worth the hassle.

Unfortunately fios is installed and running in half my town while the other half(where I reside) hasn't even been dug up yet. You'd think the city council wouldn't allow this to happen, so I'm stuck looking to adelphia for an option.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
do you know someone who has a dvr in your area? check it out if you can. i think you will be more happy with a provider specific dvr than one that is generic for all systems.

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 8, 2005
I have a generic dvr. It's from rca something like scelnium or something like that. The tuner on it doesn't work that well but I put av's from the back of the cable box to the input of the dvr and it works well. I think tivo and replay tv can do the same thing here....

jeffs471

Nov 1, 2005
well just setup an appointment, over a week away. I guess dvr installs for base package subscribers isn't a high priority. I asked the lady if it had dual tuners she said yes but I really doubt it does. Told her I would order it if she waived the 25 dollar installation fee or else I would pass, she waived it. There is no fee to cancel after one month, so I guess I'll try it out. I'm definetly going to push for a dual tuner box that would be great. If its not I'll cancel after one month. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)