DVR setup w/ 2 tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackson5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Hi,

This is a basic setup question for a DVR with 2 tuners. Obviouslly, the one line is a no brainer. My challenge is coming with installing the second line. I currently only use 1 line. I don't use any other LNB's, so I have the capacity. My question is do I need to physically run the line to the back of the unit. Or, is there some way I can just run the line from the dish to my main junction box in the house and then use some kind of other technology to get it to the back of the DVR unit.

I was purchased a DVR on ebay and was planning on doing the install myself. HOwever, I called DTV today with some questions about DVR service in general and the guy told me 1. I'd need to pay $20 for a new access card, which seems like BS and 2. I had to physically run a 2nd line to the unit. Basically, his point was that I"m better off just buying through them as their cost included all installation. Does anyone have any input?

Mainly, I want to know if I physically need to run that 2nd line from the dish right to the unit, or can I go from the dish, to my junction box, then use some kind of adapter to get the signal to the DVR. Thanks a million.

If you want to be able to watch 1 channel while recording another or record two different channels at the same time you will need to run a 2nd line from the dish/multi-switch to the DVR box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.