DX Antenna DSB-400 Positioner

I can see it all now! If 5G stealing our bandwidth doesn't kill this hobby, the prices for the equipment will, especially for us old retired people!:(

Reactions: wvman
I can see it all now! If 5G stealing our bandwidth doesn't kill this hobby, the prices for the equipment will, especially for us old retired people!:(

Actually, the prices for FTA satellite equipment are about 1/10th~ the price of equipment in the 1980's, and are a fantastic bargain compared to prices in the past.

Here's the governments updated inflation calculator. Feel free to run some numbers from back then, and get your eyes opened. I think you'll end up flabbergasted at the difference. CPI Inflation Calculator

I paid $180 for my first LNA in 1984, and that equates to a price of $445.92 today. That's just a tiny part for the dish... I was making $5.00 an hour back then. That was almost 1 weeks pay. Today I can buy them for pocket change.

Vboxes have about a 1 year life span. Some last longer, it all depends on how much you use it and which factory it came out of. One thing is for certain, unless they have beefed up the quality, it will die.
I purchased used motec vbox close to 7 years ago still working fine

Reactions: primestar31
...and I'll agree the older ones were made better. The stuff in the last couple of years seems to be all junk unfortunately.

If you recall I used to sell them. They got so crappy and I started getting so many returns, I stopped that. It was hurting my business and making it look like I carried crappy products.
I even tried two different suppliers. :(
This is why I made the comment above. Some were a fire hazard, they would get very hot just sitting idle and plugged in. :eeek

so i have an 8ft dish for cband with a vbox moving it
and in the process of install a 4ft kuband dish
wish dish would be best used with the ASC1
wheres the best place to purchase from

so i have an 8ft dish for cband with a vbox moving it
and in the process of install a 4ft kuband dish
wish dish would be best used with the ASC1
wheres the best place to purchase from

I posted the link to Titanium's store and the page the ASC1 is on above. IMO, you should put the ASC1 on your 8 foot dish, and MOVE the V-box to your 4ft dish. Titanium Satellite - Store

I also believe there's still a discount available, if you put "Satguys Save" in the comments when you order.

Reactions: KE4EST
...and I'll agree the older ones were made better. The stuff in the last couple of years seems to be all junk unfortunately.

If you recall I used to sell them. They got so crappy and I started getting so many returns, I stopped that. It was hurting my business and making it look like I carried crappy products.
I even tried two different suppliers. :(
This is why I made the comment above. Some were a fire hazard, they would get very hot just sitting idle and plugged in. :eeek

A friend of mine purchased an Echostar IRD from another dealer and he, his wife and son were watching TV one night when smoke started pouring out of it. Then it caught fire and set the drapes on fire. If they hadn't been home, the whole place would have burned to the ground. Those IRD's were famous for overheating. They ran extremely hot, and that's why I never sold them. I warned them about those receivers running hot, so they set it on top of the entertainment center and it still went up in flames.

If it does shut us down, I'm going to have a lot of scrap aluminium stuck on poles at my house. :( Not to mention in my dish graveyard out back of my outbuilding!

i purchased one on amazon for $117.
the display on the ASC1 looks small any way you could make it bigger or possibly run it through the tv.
My cband dish is running flawless and iam please to how its running.
are there any advantages on running the which dish with the ASC1.

That was an Amazon warehouse open box return. If an item was opened, installed or missing accessories upon return, it cannot be returned to stock and sold as a new item. Amazon marks the item as "customer damaged", reimburses the seller for fair market value then resells it via their warehouse sales as refurbished "new" stock.

Carefully test the unit as soon as possible as I have heard a few stories on the warehouse product deals.

Sent from my SM-J737A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: KE4EST
no its NEW!!! it was $179, i got $70 off of it for opening a Amazon Prime Account made it $109 but i purchased a 4 yr warranty for $8, which made it $117.

Ever heard of Bob Cooper? The father of home TVRO? He had a publication that was the ‘bible’ of home TVRO from 1979-1987, Coop’s Satellite Digest. Go to this link
there is an archive of all the issues. Anyway, if you think prices are ‘high’ now, look back in 1979, 80, 81. Your talking LNAs in the thousands of dollars. Receivers are $3,000 and more for good ones, that is in 1980 money too, back in those wonderful 10% and more inflation/stagnation Carter and Volker years.

Reactions: Titanium
Getting there but not quite yet Don’t make us any older than we are already
it will soon come to that clasic:)

the one that sells me is practically new and I just want to move my antenna
and so that what was the DX brand in the world of the FTA as other classic and good quality

I think that this new one without use ,,It will work for me for years, for the quality of its pieces

DX 400
Hi
in which connectors I have to connect the 4 wires of my actuator

P81124-131513.jpg P81124-155352.jpg
P81124-131513.jpg
P81124-155352.jpg

vbox, to arm
View attachment 135731 View attachment 135732

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)