E/W network feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
Anybody living in a covered city ( w/ locals ) and get the E/W network feeds ? Ive heard of some people actually getting the CSR's to activate them even though there in area covered by local network channels. I get the Miami networks, But I would like to try to get the big ones ( if even possible ). Any thoughts ? Maybe i'll try my luck ???

Just a few thoughts, while we all want DNS, and at least I am one that thinks the current DMA system is way old school and should be eliminated; BUT

1. Why risk fubar'ing your services?

2. With whats going on over at Dish Network, why attempt to put we DirecTV customers in the same fate?

Yes, I do. I have been a customer for more than 9 years. When D* started offering local stations in my market, I was grandfathered in and kept receiving the distant networks. Then they made me make a choice. I kept the DNS and got rid of the locals. A few months later, they offered me the local channels without losing the DNS. But, I was told that if I ever gave the DNS up or moved (even across the street) I would lose the DNS. Initially I also had both NY & LA HD DNS, but last year they took away the NY HD DNS.

I also have my locals from Raleigh and the E/W CBS, NBC, and FOX, I couldn't get the E/W ABC because the ABC in Raleigh in O&O by ABC and they refused to give wavers. Plus I also get the SV ABC from both Richmond, and Lynchburg.

chicago area with cbs, fox, abc nyc stations with local stations from an antenna.

I talked to a senior tech at directv about possibly getting the Distant networks, She looked it up to see what my chances were, but said I wouldn't have a chance with the Miami stations agreeing + the locals are available in HI-DEF through the satellite. :mad:

mhking said:
Grandfathered for both sets of SD channels here, too....

I know that DirecTV doesn't offer the opposite coast HD-DNS, but they don't offer West coast SD-DNS to East coast folks (I know West coast folks can't get East) anymore, either?!

~Alan

guess I was Grandfathered in also..............always had my locals then added both E/W HD Feeds..........Lost the west HD last year which D* says is legal stuff but I still say it had to do with NFL cause that's when it ended, last year at football time.........what gets me is I still get the west SD...makes no sense to me to give me the SD and not the HD.........I still get the west feed.
So, I get about 10 to 12 NFL games a week without ST.........most HD except the west feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.