E3 2016

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
Following up on what yourbeliefs did last year I thought I would get a thread started for E3 2016. So far we have had the EA and Bethesda conferences as well as a couple smaller announcements. I'm just going to put a bunch of trailers in this first post and leave my thoughts on them for later.

EA Put out two trailers for Titanfall. One for multiplayer....

and one for the campaign.

Battlefield 1

Unfortunately there wasn't much shown about Mass Effect Andromeda.

TellTale released some screen shots and revealed the cast of their Batman game.

They also released a trailer for TWD Season 3.

I decided to break out the Bethesda stuff into a separate post because the first one already has a lot of videos.

Dishonored 2 trailer....

and gameplay video (I'm excited about this one).

Prey trailer

Quake Champions

Fallout 4 DLC/ Fallout Shelter update/ Skyrim: Special Edition

Last edited:
Apparently you can only put 5 videos in a post. Here is some info on Doom DLC.

Can't believe they're still trying to make a new Prey. That's a game SERIES that's been wrought in developmental hell. The first game was announced back in 1995 by (guess who) 3DRealms. The game didn't end up getting released until 2006. And Prey 2 was cancelled in 2014, and the game was COMPLETELY different from its predecessor.

Prey:

Prey 2:

Now it looks like they're going for a sort of FPS horror game. To be fair we haven't had one of those in a while. I can't think of any prominent ones since the F.E.A.R. series.

Quake Champions I'm guessing will be a new version of Quake 3 Arena. As long as they don't infect it with stupid microtransactions I think it'll be cool.

One thing that came out after E3 was that ALL the DLC for Titanfall 2 is going to be free.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/13/11921934/titanfall-2-dlc-will-be-free

I got to watch most of the Microsoft conference during my lunch break and overall I was pretty impressed.

They started by announcing the Xbox One S with 4K output and 4K blu-ray support. At $299 I think this may be one of the cheapest blu-ray players with native 4K support (not just upscaling from 1080p).

They also officially announced the more powerful Project Scorpio Xbox One for next year. Surprisingly this is supposed to have about 4 times more GPU power than the original Xbox One and it's supposed to have support for 4K gaming, which is tough right now even for PC. The $600 Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU can't maintain 60 FPS at 4K without turning some settings down so I'm skeptical that they will be able to release a console at a reasonable price point that can do it. Then again, most console games shoot for 30 FPS so if they do that only half as much GPU power is necessary. They also never claimed that all games would render at 4K so it's very possible that more demanding stuff like Gears of War 4 will render at 1080p and upscale to 4K.

The biggest thing for me was the announcement of their play anywhere program though. This allows you to buy a game from either the Windows 10 Store or the Xbox Marketplace and have access to it on both Xbox One and PC. It also provides cross save support and cross platform play. This means that when Gears 4 comes out and yourbeliefs rents the Xbox One version from Gamefly and I buy it from the Windows 10 Store we can play the co-op campaign and horde mode together even though I will be on PC and he will be on Xbox One. They specifically didn't mention the competitive multiplayer when they were talking about this cross platform play stuff for obvious reasons.

As someone who plays on both PC and Xbox One getting access to basically every Microsoft published games going forward on both platforms is awesome.

Gears of War 4 will be cross buy AND cross play when it's released.

http://kotaku.com/gears-of-war-4-will-have-cross-play-and-cross-buy-on-xb-1781892311

And not just Gears 4. I already talked about this a little bit in the excessively long comment I was writing when you posted this but it's happening for pretty much everything Microsoft is publishing going forward.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-play-anywhere-lets-you-buy-xbox-one-game-play/1100-6440767/

Here are the games Microsoft confirmed for their Play Anywhere program today.

Gears 4
Dead Rising 4
Sea of Thieves
Forza Horizon 3
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Halo Wars 2

Here are some of the video highlights from the Microsoft conference.

Gears of War 4 Gameplay

Dead Rising 4 Trailer

Forza Horizon 3

Halo Wars 2

State of Decay 2

And here are a couple that show off the new hardware.

Xbox One S

Project Scorpio

Out of all the stuff that has been announced so far the games that have my interest are Dishonored 2, Gears 4, Dead Rising 4, and State of Decay 2. Lots of people seem to be really excited about Sea of Thieves but it just isn't grabbing me.

Oddly, Scalebound had my interest when it was first shown off but every time I have seen it since then I have cared less about it. I think it's pretty clear that they announced this one way too early.

Yeah I'm mainly interested in Gears 4, Titanfall 2, Quake Champions, and new Doom 4 content.

FYI, if you want to get in on the early Lawbreakers Alpha, PC Gamer has 5000 keys it's giving away in a raffle. Enter here, but you have to be quick and do it before the PC Gaming E3 show is over.

http://www.pcgamer.com/law/

Yeah I'm mainly interested in Gears 4, Titanfall 2, Quake Champions, and new Doom 4 content.

FYI, if you want to get in on the early Lawbreakers Alpha, PC Gamer has 5000 keys it's giving away in a raffle. Enter here, but you have to be quick and do it before the PC Gaming E3 show is over.

http://www.pcgamer.com/law/

Ahh yeah, I completely forgot about the EA press conference. Titanfall 2 is on my list too. I wish it and Battlefield 1 weren't releasing so close together because I would like to play both of them. If It's only going to be one of the two it would be Titanfall though.

I would love for Mass Effect to be on my list. If they had shown more and given a solid release date it would almost definitely be my most anticipated game. With how little they have shown off I get the feeling that it's at least another year out.

I'm pretty sure I'm already signed up for the Lawbreakers Alpha. I signed up back in April when this went up.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3884577/

Normally I don't watch livecasts from E3 because I don't care and will see the important stuff later, but when I read on Twitter and Trey and Matt from South Park were on talking about their new game I had to tune in, and am glad I did. The new South Park game: Fractured, But Whole looks pretty damn good. I loved Stick of Truth and am looking forward to what they do for a follow up.

Oh, and in stupid pre-order news, if you pre-order FBW you get a copy of Stick of Truth for free to play immediately. I have to imagine that the VAST majority of people interested in FBW already played and beat SoT. Still, I'm psyched for FBW. We also got a release date of 12/9. Nice early Christmas present for myself.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/11925284/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-e3-2016

Sony's Press Conference was basically VR, Crash Bandicoot Remasters, Hideo Kojima, and Resident Evil 7. The rundown of stuff can be found here:

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/11906578/sony-playstation-e3-press-conference-live-stream

Also, there is a demo of Resident Evil 7 up on PSN now. I'll be checking that out later today.

I watched some of the highlights this morning and there actually was some cool stuff. The Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay looks great.

I rolled my eyes when you told me there was a new God of War game announced while we were playing Overwatch but after watching the press conference video I don't feel quite as bad about it anymore. From what they showed off yesterday it looks like they abandoned the old combat system and replaced it with something closer to Dark Souls. It was big slow attack animations with a lot of dodge rolling away instead of constant button mashing attacks. It looks like they also borrowed Tomb Raider's exploration aspects instead of sending you down narrow, linear combat corridors. I still think Kratos is a terrible character but at least they were smart enough to change the formula.

The biggest announcement for me was the exclusive Spiderman game being developed by Insomniac. We may finally get a modern Marvel AAA game that doesn't suck. It's obviously way to early to tell but I'm hopeful for this one.

Then there is whatever the hell this is....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)