Eagle dtv32 + lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rho

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Jamaica
Can this lnb used to catch 97w?? I'm currently using a standard ku lnbf but can't catch a single bird with 75% strength. :(

This LNB will not work due to it being circular polarity. 97W and the majority of the Ku satellites with FTA channels require a linear polarity LNB. Services like Dish and Directv use circular polarity.

No, that LNBF is circular polarized and receives higher frequencies 12.2-12.75GHz) and 97W has linear polarity signals and frequency range 11.7-12.2GHz).

Is your Standard KU LNBF new or used? What is the LO Frequency printed on the LNBF label? What is the LNB LO setting type (Standard/Universal) and frequency in the satellite receiver install menu for 97W?

This is the standard lnbf:
Lo frequency (mhz) 107.50
Noise floure 0.2db
Output frequency 950-1450
Part No JSC321S
It's never used before I bought it 3 years ago and had it in storage, I'm only getting 75% strength on 97w but no signal.

What receiver are you using? Do you have active transponders in your receiver?

In the CW700s install menu, what is the LO type setting? What is the LO Frequency setting?

Is the LNBF physically rotated in the clamp to the skew angle for your location?

Select TP Frequency 12152, Horizontal polarity, Symbol Rate 20000. This is a good TP to use as it is not duplicated on other satellites and cause a false positive.

I set it to that and yes the lnbf is in the clamp

Attachments

• 20150129_174554.jpg
    20150129_174554.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 208
www.dishpointer.com may help.
When aiming, move the dish in small 'steps' across the line that they show.
It may take 10 seconds to lock onto the signal.
If no Q is attained, move the dish up or down no more than 1 degree and repeat.
Let us know what the Azimuth/Elevation & skew dishpointer gives you, and attach a picture of the LNBF and elevation scale on the dish. So we can see the skew and elevation.

BTW, what is the dish dimensions, Width/ height?

Set your LNB Freq. to 10750 only, not 9750/10750.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I tried still not getting any signal. I put on back my dtv 32 lnb and found 110 and 119 easily. What other fta bird other than 97w can I use this to find? Maybe my ku lnb is not good

Try this, Do you notice the Signal level changing from some low value to a higher one as you attempt to 'get' the satellite??
The signals from 97W, and all FTA signals, are much weaker than the circular satellites.
You may require a bigger dish, what are it's dimensions, as asked in post #10 ??
But it may appear that the LNBF is bad also.
I've gotten some signals on an 18 inch dish on 97W, but they were very very weak. Only a few 'came in'. I'd say a 30 inch wide dish is the bare minimum for any reliability.
NOTE:
Connecting the coax to the LNBF, with the receiver power applied (ON) may likely destroy the LNBF. Never connect/disconnect coax with power applied.

It's a 4 foot dish. I guess the lnbf is damaged. I give up though just aiming at 110 watching al America :(

Are you using a meter to find the sat? A basic one like the image I use for my picture works for me. When I first started out I tried to point the dish by hand and it just did not work out for me. Good luck and keep us posted.

What other sats can I use the dtv 32 lnb on?
Here in North America, just DBS birds for Dish, DirecTV, and Bell ExpressVu in Canada. Most all of that is going to be scrambled. That would be 101, 110, 119, 61.5, 72, 129, 77, 91, and 82.

How do I check if my other lnbf is working?
About the only way is to put in a tuned up, operating dish/receiver and see if it gets what that system is tuned up to.
OR
Replace it with a known good one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)