Eagle Scout

Are you or a family member a Eagle Scout?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sundude90

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Waterville, Maine, United States
Hey All,

I just wanted to let all my friends here know at Satguys that I received my EAGLE SCOUT last week. I had my Board or Review where they asked me lots of question about what I did for my service project, what I do in my church, my troop and everyday life. They also asked about what I do in my free time, so I told them about this site. They felt like I was a great Eagle Scout recipient.

I will post a link to my Newspaper Article once I get it posted in a few weeks I hope.

About the Service Project:
The main reason for the Service Project is to show leadership, determination & will. My part in it was not to actually do the labor part of the work. I was the contractor of the job that had to plan the hole thing from A-Z, raise the money if it cost anything, which mine cost about $1,400, get the workers/volunteers, feed the workers/volunteers, get all the supplies & whatever else was needed for the project and the lead the workers/volunteers to complete the project that need to be done. Every project has a time limit, depending on many circumstances like weather & when you got it approved. For mine I only had this past summer to get it done July to September.

I'll be posting a link to my pics soon!

Thanks,

Josh Clark (sundude90)

Last edited:
Congratulations! I know how much work, effort and time goes into that accomplishment. Remember, less than 2% of all those who go into the Boy Scouts ever achieve what you have. Don't just leave your troop now that you're an Eagle Scout. Take time to teach and train the younger boys coming up. You're a role model now.

TimR><>
Eagle Scout 1990, TR 236

Congratulations!

I got mine almost 50 years ago and I still look back at it as one of several defining things in my lifetime. Remember what you learned getting it and use it for the rest of your life.

2 of my former schoolmates (and campers) got their Eagle Scout rank when they were both in high school with me. Currently, one is a sucessful doctor and the other one is one of the bosses at the county health department where I live at nearby.

This is a funny story that happened with these 2 guys and the troop they were involved in... and what happened at the camp my folks and I took care of.

About 19 years ago, there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground, the lodge where they were staying in was a 1/4-1/2 from our residence. They were there about an hour when the fire alarm went off at the lodge... bundled up, had to go outside in mid 20's... with my mother... who informed me that if was any of my high school buddies, they would not be allowed back on the camp property... turned out it was a grade schooler who my dad was distant kin to, that set off the alarm by jumping up and down on a pile of mattresses that were in a neat pile not too far from the pull on the alarm... the 2 two guys and another scout helped me moved a table where one of the other scouts volunteered to "muffle" the alarm sound with a pillow, while my mom tried to turn off the alarm... as we moved the table over to where the alarm was, the guy who is now a doctor yelled "I didn't touch the darned thing!" and "Don't tell my mom and sis about this, they'll tease me about it!"... we laughed about this, my mom gives me a "serious" look and told her I'd tell her later.

Well, this incident happened around the Christmas-New Year's school break, plus they decided to have a pillow fight after we left, due some feathers we found on the lodge floor when they left...

I had my "blackmail" so to speak when there was a "crown" of feathers found on the floor...

(Old Wives Tale: If you find a "crown" of feathers from a pillow fight, that means someone died on that pillow.)

I found out when I got back to school whose pillow it was... told the guy... his eyes bugged out...

The day after school, it was all over the school what happened at our camp with the Boy Scouts... and the crown of feathers, got the "Spainish Inqisition" by some of the "scouts"... told them that I just told the guy, J, about the feathers and the tale... so we figured somebody overheard us talking.

Later that day though, the guy who is a doctor, his mom was "subbing" in a class that both he and I were in... she wanted to talk to me about what happened and to cofirm any "gossip" she had heard... he's holding his head down muttering, "Oh, no I'm (CENSORED).

Some advice: If you share anything Boy Scouting related with a Girl Scout/Girl Guide, or vice versa, (Scouting and/or camping related that might give the scout or guide an advantage), "keep it in the tent" and "don't spill the beans" unless necessary, say in the case of an emergency of any type.

Congrats to the OP, and for that matter to Eagle Scouts everywhere! (I needed to select both positive choices as my son and I are Eagles, but I didn't try to see if that was an option before selecting the first.)

To the OP - Remember that your significant accomplishment is not merely having attained a goal, but rather having reached a milestone on your path of life! The precepts of being a Scout in general, and an Eagle in particular, must guide you throughout your days as you make difficult decisions and face life's many challenges and adversities. By making the right choices in every encounter you will fulfill your Eagle Charge! Always living the Oath and Laws is one step in the right direction.

Remember too that you should give back to the organization that accorded you this honor, and the youth it supports. As a Scoutmaster for 18+ years I held a number of Eagle scoutmaster conferences, and that was always a question I asked: How do you plan to help impart the valuable lessons you learned to the Scouts of tomorrow?

Again - congratuations! And be an Eagle Scout every day...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts