eastern arc migration confusion

Why is Dish moving things off the 61.5 bird? Is there something wrong with that bird? I thought Dish put a new bird at that location. I am on the 1000.4 dish with Cincinnati locals.

They are mirroring programming,to get rid of wing dishes.The new generation of dish is going to be 1000.4 wa or ea and moving alot of 61.5 hd to 72

All new dishes will be eastern arc 1000.4 sat dishes. They will have a western arc lnb that will fit on the dish for those subs pointed at 110/119/129 sats. The other eastern arc lnb will point at 77/72.7/61.5 sats. One uniform sat dish saves DISH money, because they install one dish all over the country with the appropriate lnb for the sub's local area. I suspect that eventually they will mirror all international channels on the 61.5 sat, that are presently on 118 sat , so they won't have to do a separate 118 sat dish for eastern arc subs, who also want international channels. For western arc subs they presently do a dish 500+ or dish 1000+ sat dish for 110/119+118/129. I am betting that once western arc is converted to all mpeg 4 , they will mirror international channels on one of the western arc satellites. So no more need for the 118 sat dish either. It will stream line all installs and save DISH money ,because no need for all those different satellite dishes, lnbs etc.

I wonder if it's Dish or a local installer doing that hybrid setup. Or if there's an LoS problem.

I wonder if it's Dish or a local installer doing that hybrid setup. Or if there's an LoS problem.

Good point. Local installers often have their own "schemes," especially if it saves the local retailer money. Unfortunately, too may local retailers here in the LA area are dishonest. I have too many stories of my own personal experience and stories on local contractors pulling "crap." The latest is that a contractor told my aunt that she didn't need the remotes that came with the 722K because her 722 remotes worked with the new box. And he sneakily opened the box outside and was "busted" almost by my aunt who saw the new remotes in the box and asked why she isn't getting those new remotes. Done. Kind of got off topic.

I have been waiting since February for Dish to contact me for a free upgrade to EA. Back then we had the AT 250 package HD and Platinum. Of course we never received the then "new" Hd's since we have a 110/119/61,5 hybrid set up.
I do not see any movement in my area to migrate hybrid subs to EA. It makes sense to reduce the number and types of dish set ups that are required. I just don't see much urgency on dish's part to get this migration accomplished.
It's winter, it's cold, the snow will be flying before long. This will have a direct affect on completion of dish migration. Common sense tells me that Dish should have been concentrating on subs in the snow belt over the summer and fall rather than basing migration on package subscription. Sorry I forgot common sense is in short supply at Dish, if it exists at all...

Ross

.... I suspect that eventually they will mirror all international channels on the 61.5 sat, that are presently on 118 sat , so they won't have to do a separate 118 sat dish for eastern arc subs, who also want international channels.....

I hope your suspicion on this is correct. The need for a second dish to receive 118.7 for EA customers to receive international channels doesn't make sense if 61.5 has the required capacity to support them.

So what is the current timeline to migrate all subs to one arc or the other? If it so important, from a business point of view I would think they would be moving very quickly to get this done....

ROss

All new dishes will be eastern arc 1000.4 sat dishes. They will have a western arc lnb that will fit on the dish for those subs pointed at 110/119/129 sats. The other eastern arc lnb will point at 77/72.7/61.5 sats. One uniform sat dish saves DISH money, because they install one dish all over the country with the appropriate lnb for the sub's local area. I suspect that eventually they will mirror all international channels on the 61.5 sat, that are presently on 118 sat , so they won't have to do a separate 118 sat dish for eastern arc subs, who also want international channels. For western arc subs they presently do a dish 500+ or dish 1000+ sat dish for 110/119+118/129. I am betting that once western arc is converted to all mpeg 4 , they will mirror international channels on one of the western arc satellites. So no more need for the 118 sat dish either. It will stream line all installs and save DISH money ,because no need for all those different satellite dishes, lnbs etc.

That day won't come soon enough!

I have been waiting since February for Dish to contact me for a free upgrade to EA.

Ross

I called Dish and complained that I wasn't getting all the HD channels that I paid for. Initially they wanted to charge me $95 for a service call. It took a lot of complaining and was bumped to a "Loyalty" CSR before they agreed to give me the EARC upgrade for free.

Ok Dish is moving all Internationals to 118 and making the 61.5 and 129 to be mostly local spotbeams and be able to provide more locals which I know alot of people would, I would like to see the sub channels added

I have been waiting since February for Dish to contact me for a free upgrade to EA. Back then we had the AT 250 package HD and Platinum. Of course we never received the then "new" Hd's since we have a 110/119/61,5 hybrid set up.
I do not see any movement in my area to migrate hybrid subs to EA. It makes sense to reduce the number and types of dish set ups that are required. I just don't see much urgency on dish's part to get this migration accomplished.
It's winter, it's cold, the snow will be flying before long. This will have a direct affect on completion of dish migration. Common sense tells me that Dish should have been concentrating on subs in the snow belt over the summer and fall rather than basing migration on package subscription. Sorry I forgot common sense is in short supply at Dish, if it exists at all...

Ross

I believe DISH only contacts customers in markets that they CHANGE to EA. I live in Albany, NY market and within the last year DISH changed us from a hybrid market to an EA market. They also put a lot of new HD on 72. I was recently contacted by DISH to get the free upgrade. You're closer to the Boston market which has been EA for a while now. You may have to do what Dwarren2 did and call and request.

Which satellite has locals in HD?

A friend just had an HD receiver installed on the Western arc (110/119/129). All three satellites are being received.

He doesn't get locals in HD. The installer told him that he would need another dish pointed East.
So I assume that HD locals are only available on the Eastern arc.

Does anyone know if there are plans to move locals in HD to the Western arc?

In Rochester, NY the HD and SD are on different satellites. When I was switched to EARC I lost the SD transmissions and only get the HD feeds.

But you still get all your locals. On EA markets the channel is HD. If there is no HD signal that Dish carries, the locals is carried in MPEG4 SD. If the HD version is available why have a SD counterpart? Its not needed

Had my "upgrade" about a month ago (Cleveland locals) and asked the installer the reasoning behind the swap. He stated that 61.5 had been "damaged" and they were going to move as many subs as they could off sat to lessen the load. Hey, don't shoot the messenger ... it was what he told me. After reading the thread, the consolidation housekeeping sounds more plausible.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Iceberg ... Off topic: Mt. Union Purple Raiders (Division 3 - No scholarships offered) plays for its 11th National title this Saturday. D3 does produce some NFL players ... Mt. Union grad Pierre Garcon is a fine WR for the Colts ;-) Good Luck to your Bulldogs )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts