"easy as pie"

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Whoever said that was being sarcastic. Nothing easy about making pies ;) My mother-in-law gave me a pie baking dish for x-mas one year. It has a recipe for apple pie in the ceramic finish. I have never made a pie or pie crust but when a friend of mine brought over a bag of apples I though it was about time to try one. The pie dish recipe assumes you know how to make a crust. :confused: Okay then, googled that up and sounds fairly easy. NOT! This will take practice. But I pressed onward an made a pie. OMG LOL Well at least the taste was right and the crust wasn't too bad. I won't win any awards for this one ;). In fact I'm sure the girls in my grade school home economics class did way better. Last year I planted peach trees. Next year I will have peaches and plan on making pie. I better get practiced up.

Reactions: dfergie
I love it when a plan comes together. ;) It took 31 months from the time I planted sapling peach trees to fruition. And Pie!! Fresh from the oven :) :hungry
PeachPie 004.JPG

Reactions: FTA4PA and navychop
Where’s the “a la mode” part?
;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Many years ago, I would occasionally make a pecan pie. Used frozen crusts from the store. Long since lost that recipe but it wasn’t hard. Havta try that again some day.

Fruit pies- now THOSE are much more difficult. And yours is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)