Easy hit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I noticed that the sat amc4 had a free c band channel on it. So If I strap on a direct eye to my dish, get it aimed, it would just have to fidle around to get amc4?

But my receiver doesnt know where my acuator is at. So Would I punch amc4 on my cband box then swing the dish to amc4? or would I punch in my southrenmost sat in then point to it? but my box cant read the acuators mind so what if it doesnt have enough tube left to point all the way to east or west, i need help :(

What is a "direct eye"..?
The clear analog channel is PBSx. The are several DVB FTA channels on C-Band. I do not understand your questions, so I can't answer any..? I don't understand what you want to do..?

1. What Im talking about is installing a ku linear and a ku circular next to my feedhorn so I can pick up all frqencies. When I hit directv at 101 w then i can fiddle with it a little till i pick up pbsx on cband.

2. How do I sync my motor to track the arc?

3. Does it have to be balls on level to track the arc well ?

1- to do this you need to take a good look at your dish, the feedhorn, and the travel it makes across the ARC. Now use your imagination and look at the ARC and the way it would travel through the center of the feedhorn. You would place any extra lnb's on this imaginary line, on one side or the other of the feedhorn. Whichever works best for you.

2- assuming you have a BUD, the polar mount should be pointing true south/north, not magnetic, but true. Not sure what you mean with "sync my motor", but when the polar mount is pointing true south/north, you need to have elevation set to your location/latitude. Then set the declination for your location, and the dish should travel the ARC correctly.

3- it doesn't have to be exact, but the more level/plumb it is, the better off you will be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)