Ebay prices - WOW!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Probably nothing wrong with the hacked firmware.
It's too old to get Dish Network, but probably has support for the OCS or bandstacked LNBs, should you ever want to use 'em.

Sometimes, better support goes into the hacked versions.
That was certainly the case for an off-brand receiver I had last year.
There were no more factory releases, but little things trickled into the other version.

But don't let me talk you out of factory. - ;)
It's a known entity, and may have advantages when discussing the receiver with other 5k or 6k FTA users.

Probably nothing wrong with the hacked firmware.
It's too old to get Dish Network, but probably has support for the OCS or bandstacked LNBs, should you ever want to use 'em.

Sometimes, better support goes into the hacked versions.
That was certainly the case for an off-brand receiver I had last year.
There were no more factory releases, but little things trickled into the other version.

But don't let me talk you out of factory. - ;)
It's a known entity, and may have advantages when discussing the receiver with other 5k or 6k FTA users.

I agree, nothing wrong with the hacked firmware, in fact for the 5000, it is much inproved over factory...but I also understand how some people are uncomfortable having it on their box.

My friend, who is a Dishnet subscriber, received a letter from Dishnet stating that he will be receiving his card for his receiver in two weeks. So the card swapping thing is getting started!
That mean MORE Ebay deals on "hacked" FTA receivers!!!!

fyi Coolsat

FYI They use a straight thru cable
they scan as well as the pansat2500 or even better and are definitely faster and better Pic. thats why I am looking for an updated sat list I can load on my 6000:)

"Once the names of Freetech customers are disclosed to Echostar, there may be little that any court can do to protect these people from harassment, settlement demands, and legal expenses," said EFF Senior Staff Attorney Matt Zimmerman. "This may be the last chance the court has to protect the privacy of these individuals."
EFF 8/18/2008

again...I'm not worried

I didnt buy it directly from freetech. I bought it from 3rd parties who got it form someone who got it from someone :)

reputable seller ??????

SORRY - title should say "Ebay" OOPS!

Been awhile since I looked - New Coolsat 6000's - $59.99 free shipping. What gives? I don't need a new receiver, but there are some cheap prices. Makes me wonder what's up :)
That sounds like a great price and I'm very tempted in getting on. Does the Coolsat 6000’s do the following? Yes or No.
Analog.....................______________
control servo motor…..____________
control actuator…………____________
control V-Box ……………____________
control diseqc commands …________

Another thing, I hope it’s from a reputable seller and not the same seller that took advantage of Truckracer from e-bay, that guy from tvtoyz . Can you also provide a link. Did anyone buy from this person?

Now I see that they are selling Coolsat’s 8000. What are the name of the newest model. Are the Coolsat’s HD ready too?

Thanks,
TOM
:D

That sounds like a great price and I'm very tempted in getting on. Does the Coolsat 6000’s do the following? Yes or No.
Analog.....................______________
control servo motor…..____________
control actuator…………____________
control V-Box ……………____________
control diseqc commands …________

Another thing, I hope it’s from a reputable seller and not the same seller that took advantage of Truckracer from e-bay, that guy from tvtoyz . Can you also provide a link. Did anyone buy from this person?

Now I see that they are selling Coolsat’s 8000. What are the name of the newest model. Are the Coolsat’s HD ready too?

Thanks,
TOM
:D

I have a CS 6000 but haven't played with it much,yet.

CS-6000
Analog: NO
Control servo: NO
Control actuator: yes, with V or G-Box
Control V-Box: YES
Control diseqc: YES, 1.0, 1.2 & USALS (I think)
DVB-S2: NO

Coolsat 6000 is not HD-capable but the 8000 is, and I think the CS8000 is DVB-S2 capable also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts