Echo 7 Ku Nasa and Ion are scrambled.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ion is free here always with a OTA antenna. I actually have 3 of them on digital OTA.

GEB is very strong. I get bleedover on my 6 footer with it from 99W

I swung the "mobile" dish over to 87W and locked Nasa and some other stuff :)

GEB is very strong. I get bleedover on my 6 footer with it from 99W

I swung the "mobile" dish over to 87W and locked Nasa and some other stuff :)

Yes, I've noticed the same strong sig from GEB when I was parked on the 99w, I used to park the dish in between the 99 & 101 but time for a change so I'll park it between the 101 & 103 for a while till I feel adventurous again and that might be tomorrow :confused:

Whether anything's ITC on D* is pretty much moot since only their equipment can display it anyway (DVB and DSS are not interchangeable).

If they've encrypted everything at this point, the only thing left is to put up one nonencrypted channel per satellite, but make sure the real dish receivers can not get it... a slate that says "nothing to see here, move along, YOU THIEF!" :D

It may be to make it easier for their lawyers to win law suites based on equipment possession only, since there are no free channels left.

for the sake of you dbs dishers, I hope it might just be temporarily due to a reconfig for the upcoming satellite. I wonder if the slates and NASA will return at a future date after things settle down.

If they've encrypted everything at this point, the only thing left is to put up one nonencrypted channel per satellite, but make sure the real dish receivers can not get it... a slate that says "nothing to see here, move along, YOU THIEF!" :D

there are plenty of us who watched the feeds on 119w that are not and never have been pirates.
it was nice to get a few channels with an 18" dish that otherwise would take a c-band dish, and some of us have landlords that unfortunately will not allow a c-band dish (or too many ku band dishes):(

I figure there's a few goofballs (my nice term) out there that someone will call Dish and find out what happened to their freebies. Sorry didn't mean to encourage bad behavior. Maybe they'll show up again soon as I was just getting ready to dig out an old dish for Ion/Nasa etc...for my brother. Blind:)

I would imagine that, to live up to any agreement with NASA, NASA-TV is still available free to those with a Dish receiver (Dish customers). Either that or this is a temporary shuffle and they will return soon. In any case, I am so glad that I put up PortaBUD. Dish can keep their overly compressed, "web video-esque" re-uplink, and their hands OFF my LEGAL FTA equipment. Seriously, my only regret is that I didn't put up the 6 footer a couple of years ago.

I would imagine that, to live up to any agreement with NASA, NASA-TV is still available free to those with a Dish receiver (Dish customers). Either that or this is a temporary shuffle and they will return soon. In any case, I am so glad that I put up PortaBUD. Dish can keep their overly compressed, "web video-esque" re-uplink, and their hands OFF my LEGAL FTA equipment. Seriously, my only regret is that I didn't put up the 6 footer a couple of years ago.

WHO told you? :D

Whether anything's ITC on D* is pretty much moot since only their equipment can display it anyway (DVB and DSS are not interchangeable).

Not completely sure what you're trying to say here, but it's not really "moot". While most DVB receivers can't do DSS, some can. I can view FTA channels from either DN or DTV. However the last time I looked (a couple years ago), the only FTA channels on DTV are 2 demo channels, so it's moot in that respect, but it's not moot in that if they DID have anything FTA, you CAN view it without a DTV receiver, if you have the right receiver and right software, and this doesn't involve any pirate activity.

Anyway, I still think this assumption that NASA's agreement with DN prohibit's them from encrypting just doesn't seem to jive with the fact that DTV does encrypt. So either DN didn't interpret the agreement the same way that DTV did, or they never did have that requirement in the agreement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)