Echo 7 Ku Nasa and Ion are scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only channel I see is DIsh 101 and that is through 61.5, 110,119,121,129
77 has nothing free that I can see (well that one TP)

The owner of FridgeFTA* did send an email to NASA asking about this issue, but he doesn't seem to have received a reply yet.

*Not a hack site, but very anti-Dish, very liberal about feed information, and slightly risqué, so don't visit if any of that would upset you or your employer.

101 thats there promo channel, it's encrypted hahaha... Charlie don't want to advertise I guess. :haha

2 of the 5 channels of it are still there

They log in on the CS as TV 19000 & TV 19010

101 is scrambled now

Hawaiian audio channel gone too

only 2 channels left on 119W

mirrors of Dish 101 but they log as 19000 & 19010

Wouldn't dish want to keep a test card up there for there installers?

They are still there but to use a DCII term they are probably fixed key

scrambled for FTA but a Dish receiver can lock on them and show the channel.

They are still there but to use a DCII term they are probably fixed key

scrambled for FTA but a Dish receiver can lock on them and show the channel.

Has anyone tried NASA with a Dish receiver and an up-to-date card? The fixed key analogy probably applies to NASA as well. Therefore, it could technically (and perhaps legally) still be considered free.

C-Band is definitely the way to go. You get four SD feeds and an occasional HD feed, none of which are bit-starved like the 119W offering was. Also, don't forget ThisTV on the same bird!

I Wonder . . . . .

Do you think this will cause another flood of receivers to hit ebay?

Might find some deals.

Has anyone tried NASA with a Dish receiver and an up-to-date card? The fixed key analogy probably applies to NASA as well. Therefore, it could technically (and perhaps legally) still be considered free.
Right now I can watch NASA on DishNet 322 receiver. I got the receiver from eBay about a month ago. No DishNet subscription. Everything that I was able to watch on it before I can watch now, nothing changed.
That includes NASA, NASA Earth, Angel One, 101 and some advertising channels. And there is a free preview of Biography, History International and Investigation Discovery now.
I can't watch ION on it but I wasn't able to do that before. I got extra FTA receiver for ION which is not receiving it anymore.

C-Band is definitely the way to go. You get four SD feeds and an occasional HD feed, none of which are bit-starved like the 119W offering was. Also, don't forget ThisTV on the same bird!
Sorry for off-topic. Is there a list of what I can get on 1.2m C-band dish? I can't install larger dish due to space limitations. Is it worth to have 1.2m?

I get NASA-TV very strong on a 1.8m prime focus dish, and it is probably obtainable on a miniBUD (1.2m). I think the chances are very good that you'll get it on a 1.2m. There are a few members here with dishes of that size for C-Band, hopefully they'll chime in.

On my dishnet receiver that I deactivated about 2 months ago, I now get "your smartcard does not have authorization" error 5 on all channels even 9900. It has been plugged in for the last few days and has not changed or received a hit.

darn....

Well, not the end of the world. I never really watched them much anyway.

I guess it's time to take the pizza dish down. Spring cleaning. Yard beautification time.. :)

You know.... I'm thinking on it.

I want "this tv" back. I don't know what else is there but the stuff on the KU satellites is getting really limited. I'm down to PBS and RTV as the only two with any decent content..

Ok... Question. Can my pc control one of the big dishes? I mean like move it on a motor around to other satellites?

We had one of those stupid things a long time ago and it was constant trouble.
To change satellites you had to press buttons on a box and "bump" them back and forth for the best picture. It was NOT a very friendly system.

IF my pc can tune them in and move the thing around seamlessly with my existing KU satellites and my OTA channels, that would be something I would consider.

I suspect it would take a different kind of satellite pc card, right? :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts