echoplus single univeral LNBf Cheapo fleabay find

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
To help sate my appetite for Atlantic satellites I got this for 9 bucks shpng incl.

Same old ratings on the sticker
model# ep-1000
r.f.:10.70-12.75GHz
L.O.:9.75/10.60GHz
N.F.:0.2db

It feels cheap. The glue on the lens is sloppy but complete. Weep hole in the outer plastic shell on the bottom. The coax connector isn't sealed. So if I had it pointing at 30w it would pool rain water inside.

I don't have it connected yet.

Look in-to this Universal LNB

Freezy,

Galaxy Marketing sells this Chaparral Universal LNB it is an excellent universal LNB. The only thing is the throat is a little smaller then most LNB's. I use electric tape to build up the throat. The other short coming is no skew marking on the LNB. When mounted the coaxial connector has to be at around 4:30 to be at a skew of 0 degrees. With these short coming aside the LNB performs great I have around three of these LNBs and use them all the time.

Mike Lib

Chaparral Single HD

I have it mounted and working. The skew marking are off about 3 degrees off center. (My Invacom QPH-031 is off 5 degrees for comparison).

The holes are fine. No water will get in on a motor mounted dish when it's at the far end of the arc.

Hey do I need to turn on the 22KHz tone on? Will that affect a 4 x1 switch?

Last edited:
you would change the settings to UNiversal 1 (9750/10600) and it should not affect the 4x1 switch

Is this added on to your current LNB setup or a replacement?

I'm anxious to hear what low-band channels are receivable from North America. I mean in current practice, not according to Lyngsat.

a handful last I checked

58W TV Mundi
53W Canal 27

and I think that is it. The other Atlantic sats (at least down to 30W) can use a regular LNB. I know I use to have a Universal set up offset and I could get Cubavision on 58W (gone now) and Canal 27

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)