EchoStar 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I am in the midwest, west central illinois... do ya think I would have any luck with EchoStar 1? Also, if so, how big of a dish do I need? I mean G10R is pretty far so I dunno. Oh yea.. a new channel just poped on G10R about three secconds ago :)

I hear that sometimes there are some free feeds on there that are pretty darn interesting... if ya know what I mean :)

Sounds like I need to start looking for another channel master 1m... I wish I could find some masts for this thing.. Right now I have it on a 2 3/8" pipe in the ground with about 80 lbs of creat holding it... I would like to, later on this spring, find some wall mount masts that I can bolt to a pallet with some sand bags on it to hold it in place-I rent, heh

you can get it in Illinois. Here in MN the elevation is 15 but its doable

Nothing there free except for a couple duplicates of DIsh 101

MPEG-4 8PSK is the "encryption"

We can't get MPEG 4 stuff even if it was straight DVB...boxes are only MPEG-2

havenx said:
I hear that sometimes there are some free feeds on there that are pretty darn interesting... if ya know what I mean :)

No, what do you mean?

Those Echostar listings are MPEG4 and HD.

The source of this information is from a guy that is really not that good at this stuff.

Yea, speaking of the Iceberg, question... What are the specs for a 6 foot FTA bud... I remember a post about a year ago about the holes in the mesh being to small or to large or something. Pretty much, next year or so I am moiving up north a bit to go to more school and uhh, I am gonna have to come down to just ONE dish... AHHHHHHHHHHH... But anyways, I was thinking about throwing a 6 foot bud c/ku out there. At any rate... I was going to go ahead and buy the thing with in the next few months so that I can get it all figured out, plus I have the money now and may not have it later.... Anyways... So what should I buy?

I hope he sees this thread... Perhaps I should make a post... Meh, I will just wait till I am ready to buy one... Like in a few weeks or something.

havenx said:
Yea, speaking of the Iceberg, question... What are the specs for a 6 foot FTA bud... I remember a post about a year ago about the holes in the mesh being to small or to large or something. Pretty much, next year or so I am moiving up north a bit to go to more school and uhh, I am gonna have to come down to just ONE dish... AHHHHHHHHHHH... But anyways, I was thinking about throwing a 6 foot bud c/ku out there. At any rate... I was going to go ahead and buy the thing with in the next few months so that I can get it all figured out, plus I have the money now and may not have it later.... Anyways... So what should I buy?

I'm working with a solid 6 footer but is its mesh dish then you have to use the pencil trick. If you can fit a pencil through the holes then it won't work well with KU band

If you can find a good used one that would work. Otherwise Sadoun has the 6 footers

havenx said:
I hope he sees this thread... Perhaps I should make a post... Meh, I will just wait till I am ready to buy one... Like in a few weeks or something.

john green said:
Iceberg sees all

:)
(it may take me a little while ot get to them but I see pretty much every thread in the FTA area)

havenx
About those channels on Echo 1...when I first saw them on there I buzzed over to 148 only to get 3 duplicates of DIsh 101

Iceberg said:

I hope you meant by "encryption" is that we can't see them. MPEG-4 and 8PSK aren't encryption schemes. DishNet uses Nagra2 for encryption.

Iceberg said:

With the right hardware you can :)

While the channels are not correct on lyngsat anymore, that TP is not encrypted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)