EchoStar 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
211
0
I am in the midwest, west central illinois... do ya think I would have any luck with EchoStar 1? Also, if so, how big of a dish do I need? I mean G10R is pretty far so I dunno. Oh yea.. a new channel just poped on G10R about three secconds ago :)
 

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
211
0
I hear that sometimes there are some free feeds on there that are pretty darn interesting... if ya know what I mean :)

Sounds like I need to start looking for another channel master 1m... I wish I could find some masts for this thing.. Right now I have it on a 2 3/8" pipe in the ground with about 80 lbs of creat holding it... I would like to, later on this spring, find some wall mount masts that I can bolt to a pallet with some sand bags on it to hold it in place-I rent, heh
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
48
Mankato, MN
you can get it in Illinois. Here in MN the elevation is 15 but its doable

Nothing there free except for a couple duplicates of DIsh 101
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
48
Mankato, MN
MPEG-4 8PSK is the "encryption"

We can't get MPEG 4 stuff even if it was straight DVB...boxes are only MPEG-2
 

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
havenx said:
I hear that sometimes there are some free feeds on there that are pretty darn interesting... if ya know what I mean :)

No, what do you mean?

Those Echostar listings are MPEG4 and HD.
 

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
211
0
The source of this information is from a guy that is really not that good at this stuff.
 

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
211
0
Yea, speaking of the Iceberg, question... What are the specs for a 6 foot FTA bud... I remember a post about a year ago about the holes in the mesh being to small or to large or something. Pretty much, next year or so I am moiving up north a bit to go to more school and uhh, I am gonna have to come down to just ONE dish... AHHHHHHHHHHH... But anyways, I was thinking about throwing a 6 foot bud c/ku out there. At any rate... I was going to go ahead and buy the thing with in the next few months so that I can get it all figured out, plus I have the money now and may not have it later.... Anyways... So what should I buy?
 

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2005
211
0
I hope he sees this thread... Perhaps I should make a post... Meh, I will just wait till I am ready to buy one... Like in a few weeks or something.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
48
Mankato, MN
havenx said:
Yea, speaking of the Iceberg, question... What are the specs for a 6 foot FTA bud... I remember a post about a year ago about the holes in the mesh being to small or to large or something. Pretty much, next year or so I am moiving up north a bit to go to more school and uhh, I am gonna have to come down to just ONE dish... AHHHHHHHHHHH... But anyways, I was thinking about throwing a 6 foot bud c/ku out there. At any rate... I was going to go ahead and buy the thing with in the next few months so that I can get it all figured out, plus I have the money now and may not have it later.... Anyways... So what should I buy?

I'm working with a solid 6 footer but is its mesh dish then you have to use the pencil trick. If you can fit a pencil through the holes then it won't work well with KU band

If you can find a good used one that would work. Otherwise Sadoun has the 6 footers
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
48
Mankato, MN
havenx said:
I hope he sees this thread... Perhaps I should make a post... Meh, I will just wait till I am ready to buy one... Like in a few weeks or something.

john green said:
Iceberg sees all

:)
(it may take me a little while ot get to them but I see pretty much every thread in the FTA area)
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
48
Mankato, MN
havenx
About those channels on Echo 1...when I first saw them on there I buzzed over to 148 only to get 3 duplicates of DIsh 101
 

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
14,190
2
Louisiana
Iceberg said:
MPEG-4 8PSK is the "encryption"

We can't get MPEG 4 stuff even if it was straight DVB...boxes are only MPEG-2

I hope you meant by "encryption" is that we can't see them. MPEG-4 and 8PSK aren't encryption schemes. DishNet uses Nagra2 for encryption.
 

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Oct 13, 2003
2,289
0
Iceberg said:
MPEG-4 8PSK is the "encryption"

We can't get MPEG 4 stuff even if it was straight DVB...boxes are only MPEG-2


With the right hardware you can :)

While the channels are not correct on lyngsat anymore, that TP is not encrypted.
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top