This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

EchoStar: We Have 48 National HD Channels

Uh......the source is digiblur.

You should believe what digi, JohnH, & HokieEngineer post about uplinks/downlinks.

I amend my prior post to A DAY TOO EARLY!

As seen in todays Wall Street Journal - they are BLITZING (as seen in NFL-ST SF). And I assure you all again - this is just the BEGINNING. They are not going to back down, they are in ATTACK MODE.

Stay Tuned!

"They are not going to back down, they are in ATTACK MODE."

and it looks like they're going for the kill. I just hope E* can get their act together and do something about it but like I said in another thread, all we hear is silence from E*.

Speed is upconverted. They just announced that they were going to go HD Feb 7, 2008. I'm sure this is not the only one.

SPEEDtv.com - The Online Motorsports Authority | Nextel Cup | SPEED Goes High Definition | by Erik Arneson | Automotive Industry headlines, governmental issues, policy, investment, mergers, Detroit, and more. | GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, BMW,

All this arguing back and forth about who has more is pure BS. Today it's one, tomorrow it will be the other, until eventually all channels will be mpeg4 on both and none of this will matter. At that point it will then be all down to price, which, I think will be to E* favor, eventually. D* has to subsidize the premium sports packages by letting everyone else foot the bill. You can thank that dumbass Rupert Murdoch for getting D* in the shape it is in, now that he is gone, they seem to be fairing better.

Well since you asked I just going to complete Cyber's Answer
I hope you read the article,and you don't keep "silent".

Rupert is not gone YET. This is all happening ON HIS WATCH. So, I agree, Thank you Rupert.

So,apparently you agree, D* is a "turd bird"? I doubt he has anything to do with D* recent turnaround, if it indeed is turned. He certainly had a lot to do with the merger from happening, the FCC hates Murdoch. The cable companies took his comments and ran with it.

Anyways, that was just my opinion. I am not a Murdoch fan.

I can give a rats a$$, which BILLIONAIRE owns DirecTV. Just was correcting what was totally incorrect info given by you regarding Rupert being gone from DirecTV - it hasn't happened yet.

I can give a rats a$$, which BILLIONAIRE owns DirecTV. Just was correcting what was totally incorrect info given by you regarding Rupert being gone from DirecTV - it hasn't happened yet.

Well completely off topic now, but I am pretty sure Rupert has been out since sometime around December 06. Here is at least 1 source:
DIRECTV’s Largest Stake Acquired by Liberty Media : Direct TV Satellite TV Blog

If you have verified information to the contrary, I apologize for insulting your favorite billionaire. Apparently, I hit a nerve. I was not trying to start an argument.

Now that you have posted an article - you should read it. December 06 is when they announced the deal - it says that in your article. And the deal has NOT closed yet.

You have hit no nerve - incorrect info never does.

Definitive Proof:
DTV: Profile for THE DIRECTV GROUP I - Yahoo! Finance

I did read it, there was no indication that the deal would happen a year later. It sounded fairly immediate. I could find no credible source that has said when or if that deal had already taken place. As a follow up, Reuters says that the deal should happen second half of 07, again no date. If they have done this WITH Rupert, things will only get better WITHOUT. He left UK's SKY satellite service in shambles.

BTW, you could have just made the comment that he was still there and provided the link and it wouldn't have came across that you were perturbed with my response.

I think we have beat this thing to death. We are now way off topic. Cheers.