Edision Edision Mio Configuration Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

I’m having an issue with my Edision Mio not letting me configure 113W C Band.
All other satellites I have no issues with. I checked the settings several times and they match my other C Band settings.
I tried rebooting the stb, but still have this issue.
Any ideas ??
Thanks in advance.

John

Update…it seems that my stb is not finding any of my C Band satellites configured. I went out to the dish snd the lnbf is working fine.

Can you be more specific? What can't you configure?
Cyber,

The message I’m getting on screen is “lnb of current satellite not compatible with plugin”
This just came up this morning. All was well last night and I didn’t make any changes this AM.

John

Cyber,

The thing of it is, I didn't touch any settings. This just popped up on its own.
I should add my kU Band satellites are coming in just fine.
Wondering if I have to do a factory reset.

John

I've seen that. It was when I selected "User defined" for Type of LNB/device and I had set LOF/L, LOF/H and/or Threshold incorrectly for the Universal LNB I had installed.

Have you configured the LNB for 113W C correctly?
cyber,

Its not finding any of my C Band satellites.
It says they are not configured.

John

Reflash TNAP 4.1 onto it. Maybe even in a different slot. Then restore the PREVIOUS backup. Perhaps it got corrupted somehow. Either way, it'll tell you something.
primestar31,

I reflashed my stb with TNAP 3.2 as thats what I had handy on my usb. Never upgraded to 4.1. After seeing no change, I did a factory reset.
Now my stb is dead in the water. I’m not receiving a signal on C or kU band.

John

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know how you're setup.
Receiver coax to a switch? And if yes is it a 22 KHz or diseqc switch?
I see your equipment listed as C1-PLL LNBF and Maverick MK1-PLL.
How about listing how you are hooked up from the receiver to your lnb's.
And a screenshot of your tuner settings.
We'll go from there.

Reactions: a33 and JFOK
primestar31,

I reflashed my stb with TNAP 3.2 as thats what I had handy on my usb. Never upgraded to 4.1. After seeing no change, I did a factory reset.
Now my stb is dead in the water. I’m not receiving a signal on C or kU band.

John
Reflash it to TNAP 3.2 again, just to get it going for now. If you factory reset it, you likely have to set everything up from scratch again.

Reactions: JFOK
It would be interesting to know how you're setup.
Receiver coax to a switch? And if yes is it a 22 KHz or diseqc switch?
I see your equipment listed as C1-PLL LNBF and Maverick MK1-PLL.
How about listing how you are hooked up from the receiver to your lnb's.
And a screenshot of your tuner settings.
We'll go from there.
Hi arlo,

I have C Band and kU Band coaxes running from my dish to a 22 KHz splitter in my house. From there the single line from the splitter goes into my ASC 1 dish mover, then to my stb.
I’m configuring the C and KU set ups as I’ve always done.
After doing a master reset then loading the TNAP 3.2 image, I have no signal, but unlike before, its now saving the 2 satellites I configured in.

John

Hi arlo,

I have C Band and kU Band coaxes running from my dish to a 22 KHz splitter in my house. From there the single line from the splitter goes into my ASC 1 dish mover, then to my stb.
I’m configuring the C and KU set ups as I’ve always done.
After doing a master reset then loading the TNAP 3.2 image, I have no signal, but unlike before, its now saving the 2 satellites I configured in.

John
Pretty much the same here. Except.
I use a 1X8 diseqc switch.
Osmio4K > ASC-1 > switch > 2 coax cables to C & Ku.
Titanuim for C, Maverick for Ku.

Just wondering if you tried either switching lnb cables on the 22 Khz switch and made the respective setting changes in your tuner setup. Shut off everything cold before you switch coax cables. They like to bork easily.
Or.
C-Band lnb directly to the ASC-1. And kill all 22 Khz settings in the tuner settings.
Don't forget to turn BAND off.

Saying this only because I was running a 22 Khz switch on an OpenATV image to select c & Ku.
No Joy!. I had a spare 22 KHz switch. Still no cigar.

Pulled a diseqc switch out of a box and in a few minutes.....that's how I roll today.
And I checked for 22 KHz from the receiver on my 'scope. Nope. Nothing.

Another image did send out 22 KHz.

Go backwards. Try to isolate if it is in fact the switch. No 22 KHz over the coax from receiver > ASC-1 > switch.
No 22 KHz, Port 1. 22 KHz out to the switch, it enables port 2.
Ummm...guys. Am I correct?

Reactions: JFOK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)