Edision Mio Question

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

Now that my new dish is performing as it should, I have a quick STB question.
I've noticed that some of the satellites I've scanned in, aren't being saved by the STB in the list of scanned satellites.
Is there a step I'm missing here ?
Thanks in advance for your response.

John

Hi comfort,

Thanks for responding.
This has happened to me on 89W and 58W.
I do remember reading somewhere that satellites with no active feeds aren't saved.

John
I don't have a MIO yet :( but 58W definitely has active c band feeds so it must be an issue other than 'no active feeds / no save' that was mentioned.

Reactions: JFOK
FTA4PA,

Thanks for your response.
Both 58W and 89W have feeds that should be able to be saved by the STB. Why its just these two I don't know. I'm at a loss here.
Other than that, the Edision Mios is an awesome STB and well worth your consideration. Picture quality is great and the blind scan times for me are quick.

John

Reactions: FTA4PA
FTA4PA,

Both 58W and 89W have feeds that should be able to be saved by the STB. Why its just these two I don't know. I'm at a loss here.
Other than that, the Edision Mios is an awesome STB and well worth your consideration. Picture quality is great and the blind scan times for me are quick.

John
Yes, sounds like a great receiver. Maybe someday...
OldRollEyes2.png

I hope you can figure this issue out. :)

Hi Brian,

I'm using OpenVIX, image 5.02.042, which has worked well for me in the past.
I'm kinda hesitant to try another image as I always seem to have resolution issues.
Maybe an updated VIX image will help if I can summon the courage. ;)
Thanks for responding.

John

Hi Brian,

I'm using OpenVIX, image 5.02.042, which has worked well for me in the past.
I'm kinda hesitant to try another image as I always seem to have resolution issues.
Maybe an updated VIX image will help if I can summon the courage. ;)
Thanks for responding.

John

That's the image I'm using as it still supports the 950q. In fact, I think you provided me a copy, IIRC :)

Reactions: JFOK and KE4EST
FTA4PA,

John
I don't have C-band but it Could be the feeds are scanning in as not TV or Radio.
Look at the Service reference after a scan and the third number should be 1 for TV or 2 for Radio anything else will not be saved by enigma2.
While the channel shows in last scanned manually save it to a bouquet.

Hi SDA_FL_USA,

Thanks for responding.
I will look for those numbers when I do a scan and report my findings.
In the meantime, how do I go about using the bouquet to save scans ?
I might use this to prevent the issue I'm having.

Thanks,

John

In Last Scanned list highlight the channel then press menu and Add service to bouquet, select bouquet Favorites TV press ok.

Hi SDA_FL_USA and Brian,

Thanks for your responses.
I've been busy running around with last minute Christmas "duties" and wasn't able to respond right away to thank you for responding.
I will try both suggestions when time allows and report back.
Thanks again.

John

Hi SDA_FL_USA and Brian,

This response is a long time in coming and I apologize for that.
I've done what you both suggested over this past weekend and so far so good.
The satellites (89W and 58W) I was having issues with are now being saved.
However on 87W, my stb isn't saving 3950H 3330 even though it initially scans in perfectly with a strong signal.
The other transponder on that satellite (4166V 4750) is being saved with no issues.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

John

As mentioned in post 10 and 12 , the services on this transponder are not correctly identified by the uplinker as valid video services, so the channels are not saved in the services list.

After the service scan is complete, they temporarily appear in the last scanned bouquet. Save them to a favorites list before performing a new service scan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts