EHD H3 lost all listings, space used shown correctly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
hey all, my ehd was shown as an option, lets say it has 500g of stuff on it. the space available shows say 54% or something different than the H3 itself. the problem is nothing is listed for shows or whatever.
any thoughts, ideas ?? i can play with the drive on the computer, it still shows the partitions with data on it.
i remember the superblock use to get jacked on the 722k and earlier, checked those and came back clean.

i could purchase another drive, and clone the current one ??
any other thoughts, ideas or opinions ?? (about this, lol)

playing with Macrium Reflect backup software, seems like it might work.
also, are portable usb3 drives working, oir it needs its own power source ?? like a desktop external or dock. thanks

EHDs are supposed to be self powered. Or run thru a powered hub.

Some EHDs will run, at least for a while, off Hopper power. Not recommended or supported.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks, my current one is a 1tb desktop external with its own. Good to know for a replacement

Power cord reboot of your receiver?

Yeah, several times.

well, under disharc i see no folders, looks like boatloads in the lost and found.
i imaged the old drive onto a new one, (4tb usb3 H3 didn't see it to format it) the new drive pops up just fine, but doesn't list any shows.
i'll image this new usb3 drive, then try moving folders around, to see if the h3 will see the shows.

the 4tb is too large, no doubt, the hopper 3 didn't see it when i first connected it. (it is now seen as a 1tb, due to the image of my old drive, partitions were made during the image process)

well, back up and running with all shows from the ehd seen again. :clapping
the problem was for some reason they were moved to the lost+found on both partitions. I had to toss them back in the DishArc folder, and they were seen again.
was a pita for me, since i don't know Linux and permissions are a problem. i did it from a knoppix live cd, using terminal commands. not sure if an install of Linux would have been any easier.

The official max is 2TB.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
some mentioned 3tb working, i had this 4tb, and it worked for how i wanted. it was only temporary, thought i would share my info.

was on my own here, got i needed a plug and max of 2tb, but persistence paid off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts