EHD on hopper drops off?

JerryDowning said:
Page 85 of the current Hopper manual states that Hopper only allows one USB device to be attached at a time. I am clearly in violation of that. This may be what's causing my EHD drop offs and my OTA black screens.

The Hopper manual is a joke. Ignore it :) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Page 85 of the current Hopper manual states that Hopper only allows one USB device to be attached at a time. I am clearly in violation of that. This may be what's causing my EHD drop offs and my OTA black screens.
Yeah, let's put 3 USB ports on the thing but only allow 1 to be used at a time. ???

Since S230, I've been seeing this problem almost every day. Never had a single problem with the same drive when hooked up to my 722. Pretty annoying as my drive and Hopper are not easy to reach to unplug and replug my USB between them. I have a WD 640 GB My Book. Really hoping Dish looks into this, but have a feeling it could be a while.

I was good for 5 straight days and then it dumped again..... I know the Dish software team is aware of this issue. Now we just need to get then to react to it...

Lost mine after 5 days also. Unplugged and plugged back in to get it to work again. Its all on a UPS so it cant be a power issue.

I don't know about lucky, but, I do know that it is being investigated because we saw the issue as beta testers.....

Ive never claimed to be a dish employee nor have I denied it. I'm just someone trying to help. I stated that it is being investigated, and it is, as Bobby confirmed.

I guess you just pretend to have inside info. When Bobby makes statements I know he's not BSing. Not so sure that I can say the same thing for you...

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Hmm... Mine still remain alive (as of this morning anyway.) WD elements and self-built drives in Rosewill enclosures... Haven't really ever had any issues with them dropping off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

A piece of information, assuming the Dish people are reading this thread.

Even when the disc is not in the drop down list of available devices, I get a warning that a device has been disconnected from a USB port when removing power. Yes, these are Seagates, and yes the flag was set not to sleep.

Maybe a bus rescan option could solve this.

I hope they are also working on the 29/59 drop out issue as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts