Elevation / Declination Azimuth diagram

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I just wanted thank whoever posted this image here originally

track.gif

It really helped me tweak my dish for the whole arc Ku after I just did some over adjusting. Specifically, I didn't adjust anything else except Declination once I knew saw the picture and compared my situation. CBand was not affected - strictly Ku

I used my elevation actuator to peak my Due South sat at 125w and then compared it to peaking other sats 10-20 degrees on either side and determined it was a bit over on declination. Crazy what a millimetre or two out of whack will do to Ku. Thanks for these resources! I probably would have adjusted (wrestled) my Azimuth if not for this pic. Cheers!

I

Breddy gud! I’m probably too far west I can’t get 87w, but I get 127w and 107 is zenith for me
My system easily tracks 87w - 139w. Could track further East if the roof peak was not blocking the horizon. At the previous business warehouse, 15 miles West of here, tracked 55w - 139w. Be sure the feedhorn is centered on the parabola then fine tune the elevation and declination settings.

No reason a polar mount can't track the entire arc, unless the dish parabola and/or mount is damaged or incorrectly assembled. .

Reactions: mr_rye89 and clucas
We are entering the next solar outage period - starting around October 8th or so. With the sun running on the same arc as the geostationary satellites for about a week, it is a great time to see which satellites are in your view and what might be blocking certain positions.

I also have a clear view of 87-139 and when there was at sat at 83w I went outside at 8am to see what was in its way - yup neighbour's tree.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I could barely read it when I was using it. It is a transparent GIF and depending on the background it is legible or not. It works in this post for me but if I open the GIF as a file on my mac it is pixelated garbage.

I'm going to make screen shot and resave it

It really did save me a bunch more time wasting wrench turning but broke my brain trying to read it
Probably should post a clearer image in a permanent location

I think I posted the original image. It actually came from here:
Their site has a copyright of 2013-2021. That image existed long before they used it. It is on this page saved from 2001 at the Wayback Machine from the now defunct geo-orbit site.

I shared that page myself back in 2014 after someone (can't remember who but thank you) shared it with me after I joined in 2013. It has definitely been helping people for a long time. :)

Reactions: arlo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)