email the ceo and you'll get a 811

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
After trying to get an 811 since dec of 03 i emailed ceo@echostar.com 3 hours later someone named adam called and said he can have an installer out at my place march 2nd..I said that won't be necc just ship me the receiver i can install it myself...I guess if u want results u have to email the ceo...Also i got the receiver for 149.00

Adam came through for me also, less than 24 hours, after 2 months of calling and hitting a brick wall.

Yep, me too

Emailed the ceo address yesterday. Adam call the house within an hour. Installation scheduled for Monday morning.

Then we can move from the class of unhappy people without 811's to the class of unhappy people who have an 811. :)

H*ll, at least we're moving.

lime4x4 said:
After trying to get an 811 since dec of 03 i emailed ceo@echostar.com 3 hours later someone named adam called and said he can have an installer out at my place march 2nd..I said that won't be necc just ship me the receiver i can install it myself...I guess if u want results u have to email the ceo...Also i got the receiver for 149.00

Are you saying they shipped the 811 directly to you and let you install it.

Yes... I paid the 149.00 should c my 811 late next week sometime..Don't like having people in the house installing stuff cause i ran the wires and i know how it's all wired...Plus i don't need someone trying to hook up the 811 to my home theater setup...

they actually brought my 811 over and installed it 2 days early -- I was scheduled for Sunday, but they had a cancellation this morning & just showed up at my house.

e-mailed ceo Wednesday evening, Adam called Thurs afternoon, installed Friday morning -- not bad!

E-mailed them last night, got a call this morning, will be getting my 811 next week (at the $149 price). I love this board!

I couldnt stand it. I hate to be redundant sp. but I also did this with the 811 and the Superdish. They had me a date in a few weeks on the SD but had to cancel due to being out of town. Next date was May 29th. Next week when I get back I will call the executive number that was given to me before and get another install hopefully in a week or two. It works for those that dont believe it and they are extremely nice.

My 811 was to be installed 2 months down the road and by Monday of the next week I had it.

Had to edit... I heard it here first.

E-mailed them last night, got a call this morning, will be getting my 811 next week (at the $149 price). I love this board!

Thats why we are here aperry! We want all our members to get the most out of their satellite service. :)

Have fun!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats why we are here aperry! We want all our members to get the most out of their satellite service. :)

Have fun!

I shot off two e-mails within days of each other:

One via the dishnetwork website and another two days later to the ceo...

1st ceo e-mail results in a scheduled 811 instal (tomorrow)
2nd e-mail says "sorry, you will have to wait" (after I already am schedulled).
Today my phone rings and a Dish rep says they have an 811 ready for me. I told them I was already schedulled and the guy seemed shocked.

Anyway, maybe the 811 supply floodgates have opened... he said they have been calling people all week to schedule installations.

Got tired of waiting for $149 deal from dish so on the way home from work I stopped off at my local RS who I originally bought my reciever from and they could give me an 811 for $199 with 1 yr/9.99 commit. I got receiver took it home and activated. Then 1 hour later someone from dish called in response to my email and said they had my 811 available and could ship it for $149 with 1 yr/9.99 commit.(Didn't tell him I just bought 1). I said ok and they said I should receive it in about a week. Can I sell this 2nd 811 on ebay or will I have problems because both were purchased on promos.

I too e-mailed ceo@dishnetwork & before I could close out my e-mail program,Adam called & my 811 will be shipped Mon. March 1st.
That is what I would call customer support. :up

thanx for the postings!

I also e mailed ceo. Adam called back within minutes! Got mine scheduled for the 2nd of march. Can anyone tell me, for the best possible picture, do I need to buy more cables (DVI) or do I get what I need with the dish 811? thanx, Ross

jdmart said:
I watched a friend's install of TWO 811's on the DHA today. They came with Composite and Component cables (no DVI cables).

Nope, 811's don't come with DVI cables... and contrary to Dish Sales, the HDTV in a box don't always come with them either.

Hitachi/811 said:
I also e mailed ceo. Adam called back within minutes! Got mine scheduled for the 2nd of march. Can anyone tell me, for the best possible picture, do I need to buy more cables (DVI) or do I get what I need with the dish 811? thanx, Ross
The 811 comes with a nice high quality component cable but from what I am reading here, you might want to go with a DVI cable if your TV has that input.
Don't get suckered into an expensive one though. Digital is digital and the cheaper DVIs work just fine. Just make sure it is the correct DVI. Should be labeled 'single link'. (Someone correct me if I am using the wrong terminology.)

The 811 also comes with an RJ59 cable but no RF connector on the box so you can add it to your pile of 50foot phone cables which you will eventually have if you end up getting more or swapping receivers in the future. (I think I have enough now to start my own phone company <g>)

Well, it seems our Adam is not infallible. As reported above, he scheduled my install for this morning. Dish called last night and said they had no equipment and the next possible date was March 8. !!

I think I will call Adam again and ask him to ship me one, rather than having a tech hook it up. If he is able to ship from some central supply point, then maybe we can get around the continuing, local supply problems.

That's why i had mine shipped to me..ordered mine on feb26th so if it's not here in 10 days then i'll probably dispute the charge on my credit card since they already charged me for it on the 26th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts