Embarrasing - Response time for remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
I have the HR22, Slim installed. Going thru the channels is like getting the plague or ebola. So painful. Add the MLB package, and you have a full blown disease!! By time the 'Scorecard' button appears, an entire inning will pass you by. Its embarassing...just a disgrace. Why cant DirecTV invest in some functional equipment is beyond me!! I never had such a horrible experience with changing channels with Cable. If Comcast was in my area (with their MLB package), I would dump DirecTV in hearbeat.

Embarrassing..There is no excuse for such horrible equipment given to the customer. To cringe whenever a remote button is pushed should have put them out of business already!

Get an HR24. It is almost as fast as a 921. Of course you are burdened with a 2 year commitment.

Dish is not an option - no MLB package. If I was not into sports (like my wife), I would buy dish and save money. But I need to watch Baseball!! I did not realize Comcast offers MLB. If Time Warner offered MLB too, I might re-consider going back to them (cringe). I could not stand the TW lineup at all. But..I was able to change channels without effort!

Get an HR24. It is almost as fast as a 921. Of course you are burdened with a 2 year commitment.

Is the HR24 a free upgrade? I suppose its not. I just got Direct installed in Feb for first time and the HR22 is what was given to me for free.

How is this embarrasing to you ? :confused:

Do your friends come over and say - HA! HA! Slow remote response time !!

Dish is TV for women...weak on sports. No Baseball is a crime!
I have 2 HR 21s and response time is awful. There are times that it takes me minutes to select a channel. As you said too, the red button thing doesn't always show up too. It is very slow.
Everyone says the HR24 is the better choice. When I have a few extra $$, I will upgrade them.

how much is adding an HR24 anyway? is it even guaranteed you will get one?

Is the HR24 a free upgrade? I suppose its not. I just got Direct installed in Feb for first time and the HR22 is what was given to me for free.
You can also try to see if you can get a deal on an HR20, they are much faster than the 21 through 23 as well.

BTW, the way you make it sound it appears that your issue is even worse than it should be

The bottom line is they can't get it right .... I've had an HR22 for a while now and the response time has varied from exceptional to downright pathetic .... changing with every firmware update. The thread starter is right .... shameful at best. :mad:

Still waiting ...

UB.

Embarrassing..There is no excuse for such horrible equipment given to the customer. To cringe whenever a remote button is pushed should have put them out of business already!

I couldn't agree more. But you got your sports.:eek:

HR24 has resolved the equipment issue with directv. HR21-23 are pure garbage. remote response is disgusting. HR24 is as fast as the vip series from dish. still,the VIP series has an edge over the HR24 but not much. its even better than the old HR20. HR24............... just do it :D

Its a sad state of affairs when you have to pay more or beg for newer equipment just to do something as simple as change the FREAKING CHANNEL in a reasonable amount of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a sad state of affairs when you have to pay more or beg for newer equipment just to do something as simple as change the FREAKING CHANNEL in a reasonable amount of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree but those other DVR's are doomed. i've always said since day one that it was a hardware issue while other argued with me that no.......its a software issue:rolleyes:. well now it couldn't be clearer. :yes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)