EMP Centauri 4x1 Diseqc 2.0 Switch and MicroHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Trying this switch on my MicroHD...Doesn't seem compatable with the MicroHD..won't work with 1.0..haven't tried the 1.1,but I would think it should work with the 1.0 setting..don't see any 2.0 setting in the receiver...so I put the old switch back in and it works great..Is it possible for the EMP to be defective??? or what am I doing wrong here..anyone else using this switch with the MicroHD that could give me some insight on this problem..This suppose to be a hi-end switch..but no go..thanks.

I have an EMP 4 port diseqc switch, worked fine on my uHD until I toasted one port. Still works fine on 3/4 ports of course...
Settings:
diseqc 1.0 (port1-4), diseqc 1.1 disable
Maybe the switch is no good... I have had bad ones in the past, but not that particular unit.

Toasted port was operator error, connected an lnbf in really cold dry weather and static likely damaged it.

Thanks Cham..I'll give it one more try tomorrow...I think its the switch.

Cham said:
I have an EMP 4 port diseqc switch, worked fine on my uHD until I toasted one port. Still works fine on 3/4 ports of course...
Settings:
diseqc 1.0 (port1-4), diseqc 1.1 disable
Maybe the switch is no good... I have had bad ones in the past, but not that particular unit.

Toasted port was operator error, connected an lnbf in really cold dry weather and static likely damaged it.

Hi, would you buy another or just the lower cost switches? Is it worth the cost for this switch do you gain anything?

Hi Dave,
I bought a few of them a while back... no I would not likely buy them at full retail as the cheaper ones seem to work fine. These ones had the weather shield to help keep the moisture out which is what I found appealing, but the switch units themselves are not weather proof without the shield. Many of the cheaper ones are weather proof without the cover and work just as well.
The bad switch I was referring to was actually a 22KHz switch. It was shorted internally. Of course I had to take it apart and fix it... some solder had shorted the center of one of the ports to the housing. Think I am using it in the uHD circuit to switch between Cband and Ku on port 1 of the diseqc switch, indoors.
-G.

I have had very good results with the Chieta WSD-2041 4x1 heavy duty switches. Actually ran my Stab 90 motor through one for a while without any ill effects. Aso like the Ecoda 22khz switches.

Don`t have the EMP 4X1 but I do have a couple EMP 8x1`s and the 16x1 that can be set to work on all ports with Diseqc 1.1 and 1.2..Diseqc 1.0 on the first 4 ports.Very nice reliable switch`s but I have found the much cheaper Digiwave 8x1`s are very reliable also.

EMP has a pretty good warranty..I think 4 years but not 100% sure. If yours is bad hopefully the warranty will be honored by whomever it was purchased from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts