Ending Early

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dongurian

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
AZ
You can manually set each recording to begin or end before or after the default guide setting.

I can begin early but please tell me how to end early. D* DVRS do not have that option..only to end late.

I know we can start shows early and end shows late. Is there a way to end recordings early i.e. subtract one minute from recording time? This would be most helpful.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Already answered in the other thread. BTW, it would be less confusing if you posted a question only once.

I strted a new thread because the other was so old I figured I might get a better response here. By the way, the answer I received in the other thread was not helpful. I am looking for a way to auto-record and clip the end of an earlier show, not manually record each time. If there is no way to do that then does anyone know of a reason it cannot be added by DTV?

I merged the two threads together

as for your question, other than manual timers there is no way to start a program late or end it early with the timers
The defaults are 0 min early and 0 min late. Everything else is earlier (1,2,5,10 etc) or late (1,2,5,15,30 etc)

I guess the question I have is why would you want to stop a program before it ends? I understand like sporting events but most series shows run right up to the top/bottom of hour and even go over 10-20 seconds

Because so many shows are starting 30 to 40 seconds early and most shows last minutes are credits it would be nice to be able to clip the earlier show so as to be able to see the beginning of the later show when they conflict. Just a nice option to have.

If they are the same network it will overlap just fine and record both shows on same tuner. I do it all the time

If they are the same network it will overlap just fine and record both shows on same tuner. I do it all the time

Right. But if they are not, it won't. I guess the real question is why is this simple option not available?

Right. But if they are not, it won't. I guess the real question is why is this simple option not available?

You have been told twice that the only way to do it is a manual recording. What don't you understand about that? There is no other option at this time. Perhaps you could send a suggestion to Directv about it.

because 99% of the Directv subs probably want the programs to record when they are suppose to and not cut off early.

And I have never seen a option like that on any of the 4 sat systems I've owned (Dish, Direct, Bell and Shaw Direct). All are set for the program time unless you set up a manual timer

I understood it perfectly, as I do you. Really no need for such nastiness, you can just choose to ignore the question.

You have been told twice that the only way to do it is a manual recording. What don't you understand about that? There is no other option at this time. Perhaps you could send a suggestion to Directv about it.

Nasty? Seriously, you thought my response was nasty? You come here brand new to the forum and ask us questions. We answer them politely and you either ignore or dismiss what we have said. How do you think I should have responded?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)