Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
Well folks,

Last Tuesday, was my turn for a massive heart attack. Somehow, I managed to survive thanks to friends who were around as it started and managed to get me to the hospital before I went to the dark side.

I was mostly conscious through out the whole ordeal and I can tell you first hand it is no fun, especially the part where they do CPR on you and have to use the defibulator two or three times to get your heart restarted. Yea, I was conscious when I got zapped! :eek:

I spent a day in ICU plus a couple of days in bed, then back to the cath-lab to make sure the stint was correctly positioned in my heart. :eek:

Anyways, I'm home now watching FTA while I recover. Been watching the Olympic coverage on various FTA channels sprinkled with generous time observing the Fashion Channel ;) for good measure.

Bottom line, if I was in poorer health, I would not be here. If you are anywhere close to having a higher than normal cholesterol level, it may be prudent to get checked out by your doctor.

I'm back on my feet, and I now have plenty of time to hook up that second CS5000 to my bedroom. Woo-Hoo! ... not the best way to get time off work!

well glad to hear you are recovering , i had a mild one last oct and got three stents

just got off the plavix this week but still on several meds which i suspect i will be on the rest of my life ..... finished my treadmill test a couple weeks ago with flighing colors :)

enjoy your down time and rest & take care of yourself .... you will also notice a few changes like brusing real easy , hard to stop bleeding from small cuts , getting colder easy and also not being able to do what you used to .... were not getting any younger but some days i just don't feel like doing anything ( you could almost call me lazy and i never used to be or feel that way)

prayers for a good recovery

Damn Fitzbi...wondered where you were

My uncle almost had one a month ago. They took him to the dr and they checked him out and scheduled surgery 2 days later. (the hospital where he went is about 2 hours away)

One was 95% blocked and he was a heart attack waiting to happen....and he's 51 and in great health (was all those cigs and burgers I guess)..They put 2 stents in as another one was 25% blocked.

Stay safe and we'll be praying for ya :)

Best wishes for quick healing here, Fizbi!!!

I've seen a bit of that Fashion Channel.......does your doc know you are watching that!??!?! :eek: ;)

I hope you make a full recovery. Timing is critical in these cases, sounds like you got help in time.

My Dad went through this a few years ago. During his recovery, he said he was freezing cold all the time after the bypass surgery.

Relax for a bit and enjoy your satellite TV.

i know just what you went through... after my 3rd heart attack i was zaped 12 time
glad to see ya puling through ... just do what the doc says ....

Good to hear you are home and doing well.
My Dad is the Poster Child for the "Zipper Club". He's been cut open and re-routed more times than I know of.
It's a lifestyle change, take it easy, eat right, exercise / stay active.

diffidently put you and your family in my prayers

Hello Harry,
Wow, what a shock to read this thread to hear of your illness! I just wrote to you a little while ago and didn't know! I will most diffidently put you and your family in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Get lots of rest and advoid any stress. Hopefully there is a friend near by you that can bring you some good fish from one of those great fishing holes around you! The omega fats are good. I'm sure the doctors told you to stay away from red meat too! Please let me know how its going for you!

Take care,
TOM
:D

Well folks,

Last Tuesday, was my turn for a massive heart attack. Somehow, I managed to survive thanks to friends who were around as it started and managed to get me to the hospital before I went to the dark side.

I was mostly conscious through out the whole ordeal and I can tell you first hand it is no fun, especially the part where they do CPR on you and have to use the defibulator two or three times to get your heart restarted. Yea, I was conscious when I got zapped! :eek:

I spent a day in ICU plus a couple of days in bed, then back to the cath-lab to make sure the stint was correctly positioned in my heart. :eek:

Anyways, I'm home now watching FTA while I recover. Been watching the Olympic coverage on various FTA channels sprinkled with generous time observing the Fashion Channel ;) for good measure.

Bottom line, if I was in poorer health, I would not be here. If you are anywhere close to having a higher than normal cholesterol level, it may be prudent to get checked out by your doctor.

I'm back on my feet, and I now have plenty of time to hook up that second CS5000 to my bedroom. Woo-Hoo! ... not the best way to get time off work!

I got a heart attached back to two years from now, first I though I was having the stomach up sad for two days ago with a bit fast heart beat, not thinking anything about my heart because I was skinny, and since that day was saturday and rain, I was think of take a day off by not going out to do the satellite installation, by around three at noon, getting worst so I call around and see if anyone can take me to ER, finally my sis in law said she can but that was two hours later, since I don't have any insurance and wanted to find the county hosipital (found out that we don't have one in our county at later time) and so fool around for about an hour finally found one and though was run by county, got in and told I may having the heart problem and no insurance, ( we all know if you say heart problem, you have the priority to see doctor first), turned out, I was soo dizzy at that moment, and my face must turned green, they rush me to the room and then told me my heart beat was too fast and blood presure is so low, they end up put me in ICU for 5 days before to regular room for another ten days before able to go home. I really got lucky. Now I taking seven medications and do test every three months or every six month, monitor my blood every month or if there too thin or too thick will shorten the check time by adjusting the dosage on warfarin.

Rest over six months before get some strengh back, now only able to do light work, not installation any more, looking the early retirement next year and hope have the regular check from social security. Cannot work at the morning time since one of the pill I took >> furosemide, make me go to piss very often the first three hours, I don't think any employer would like to see any employee to the rest room that often.

Tell the true, my most the time spent was the internet and watch satellite program right now.

Glad your doing OK Fizbi.

Last Sunday morning (8/17) I went to work, punched in and walked the usual route to my work area, did my checks and was so winded I had to sit down. Broke out in a sweat and felt like I was going to pass out. It seemed to pass after a few minutes, so I started work ( I don't do anything to strenuous) , got to a break time, walked about 10-15' to the refrigerator and back and it was starting all over again. Got a co-worker, who I had already told about the first incident, to call the boss to get someone in (not many there on a Sunday) so I could go get checked out. Wife came and took me to the local ER and they found I had a pulmonary embolism. They put me on blood thinners and kept me until yesterday to get the meds regulated. To top it all off, we were watching the local news Thursday evening and learned that the parent company was closing down our local place of employment! (It wasn't really a surprise, the writing's been on the wall all summer). They are going to give us pay and benefits through the end of October though, so it's some consolation. Not the first time out of work and we've always got by. This too shall pass.

So, I think I'll be picking up one of IV-200s that SatelliteAV has on special now that I have the time to get into this FTA thing! Already have a dish and have been looking at receivers for a while.

Fizbi, my prayers are with you. You were fortunate, surviving a massive heart attack. I had a mild one about 3 yrs ago, 100% blocked and they couldn't open it. After 3yrs of medication, did the heart cath thing again and they were finally able to "cross the wire" and put a stent in it in May. God bless you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)