Enter to Win: Sponsors Super Satellite Sampler System - Contest Ends 2.28.2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a fantastic contest! Thanks for offering a great prize!

The reason I'm interested in FTA is mainly for the international programming. I currently have Dish, and I subscribe to the Chinese language package for my wife and her parents. Her parents live with us because of various medical issues, but they speak only Chinese, so I pay for the Chinese package on Dish so that they at least have something to entertain themselves with.

However, like many others, I'm tired of rising prices and having to pay for channels I never watch, so this summer, I'll probably discontinue Dish altogether and go to the OTA/Online/Netflix model for watching the few TV shows I watch. I'd still need to provide my family with some Chinese language options, so I've been considering an FTA system for that. This prize would help out my family a great deal.

I also have to admit a certain curiosity for myself about other channels that are FTA, so I'll be checking out those, too. :)

* What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?

My grandparents first got a Big dish in the early 80's. We use to watch the NFL pre-games with the live feed for hours before the actual games stated. It was so cool to see so many different channels for free. I have followed the FTA sections on here for years and even asked Iceberg about a FTA system. Now that I am divorced and can do what I want (meaning add another dish to the yard) I would love to be able to try out FTA.

Great Contest!!!

I got the FTA setup so I could watch Create TV in San Diego - since the local PBS station doesn't carry it it's not available OTA or on the pizza dish systems or the local cable systems. As a bonus I also get PBS World and Montana PBS and various other FTA channels like ION. I discover more to like about the hobby every day it seems.

What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?
I’d tell them it’s a fun and rewarding hobby where the benefits are seeing and hearing news, sports, and information that you can’t get anywhere else. I enjoy local sports and newscasts, so I’d also point out that Congress prohibits direct broadcast satellite and cable providers from carrying distant locals. It's our constitutional right to be informed. If that grabbed their attention, I’d invite them over for an FTA demonstration and a cold one.

I would tell a friend that a FTA system, is cheaper than Dish or Direct and you get more channels, also you can get wild feeds and channels you never imagined and you dont have any nickel and dime charges !

What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?
I purchase my first FTA system to receive networks from different cities/areas like puerto rico, anchorage, and wyoming.

I have some friends of different ethnicities that can get channels from their homelands through FTA

I got interested in FTA through AFANA which is the Australian Football Association of North America. They listed the Mhz channel as one of the few networks carrying Aussie Rules Football

There are many niche customers that would buy an FTA setup for just one channel or in my case 1 program((although I use it for much more now that I know what's available

Awesome package Brian,

I don't have a clue how I became interested in FTA, that was 25 years ago :eek:

I tell friends all the time when they start complaining about their Dish or Direct...When they find out that they would loose certain things they start loosing interest. I wish I could force people to try it. I think several would appreciate it. Others tell me that "the satellite cops are coming down on me"...My response is let em come I am 100% legal. There is enough FTA to keep me happy:angel:

I even try & get my facebook friend interested, but alas no one has succumbed

My interest in fta goes back to the old bud's which I was never able to buy (either too expensive or not enough room). The internet would pique my interest in the "new" ku satellites every now and then but I never bought a system. Finally in 2001 my alma mater started putting their basketball games on a ku satellite, and that did it, along with prices coming way down. I have been doing this since 2002.

I got interested in fta. when I started seeing adds for Glory star, While checking it out I discovered sat Guys and motors and more satellites.

Tell em its a fun hobby and better yet, you don't have to listen to dishnetwork scream at you all the time for their problems.

Wow! That's quite a pile o' goodies there! Great contest! :up

I got my FTA system because all you could ever get at our house tv wise was one fuzzy OTA PBS station from 100+ miles away and occasionally one other channel when the moon was in the Seventh House, Jupiter was aligned with Mars and a UFO was flying over. :eek:

FTA was and is a godsend to our house. I love telling people about it that have no knowledge of it and seeing their reaction, in fact I just happened to tell somebody about it today and they couldn't believe you could get some HD channels for free.

• What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?
We've had different satellite systems since 1998 and for the last 9 months we've had to resort to our analog since we've been on a fixed income. Since then, I've been looking into FTA. I've been studying what I'd have to get but was unsure of what I would need and if the investment would be worth it. I've been to this site before gathering information and tonight I saw this drawing and thought I would enter. It appears the system is complete and that would be such a blessing to win. Thank you.

Answer one or both of these questions.

• What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?
or

After several years of paying premiums for cable and DTV, $3000 later they still hold me and my family hostage.. we don't own any equipment, we're forcefed what they believe we like, and if something is interesting.. that'll be another $12 bucks a month !!

SET ME FREE !!!

I would tell my friends that fta is a great hobby. Finding backhaul feeds, sport feeds can be alot of fun. A few extra channels over subscription cable or satellite.

What got me interested in FTA was being able to find sport and network feeds and a few more HD channels can`t hurt.

I had a c- band system years ago, pre VCII. After a number of life changes, I found that Ku band was in use for TV and got my first FTA box.

Thanks for the excellent contest!

Eric

After 30 years of satellite madness I like to share with friends about the availability of all the news and sports feeds. Most couldn't get by with just free to air TV but first generation HD sports feeds are a nice compliment to cable or small dish.

I had an analog 10' BUD system for several years until I moved. A few years after I moved, I wanted to get back into the hobby again and put up a motorized 1m ku FTA system. I've had lots of fun chasing feeds and experimenting with different receivers, dishes, and LNBs.

basspole

First time post, just learning about FTA , a great package to learn with and free. What else can I say

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts