Enterprise Fans

squicken

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2004
Anybody catch the season finale last night? Pretty good. I just love T'Pol's nice big . . . ears. But Nazis? Reptile Nazis? I've always thought the back-in-time gimmick sci-fi shows do is stupid. Even Data's head in 1880 San Francisco was poor.

That was in true Star Trek Form. Yes Reptile Nazi's a little weird but it did what a Star Trek Finale was supposed to do...Keep you in suspense all summer long.

Might want to check out Jolene Blalock in her FHM magazine spread she did a while back. Very Nice Ears :yes

I dont have HD yet, but is Enterprise broadcast in HD? If so, is that the only show broadcast in HD on UPN???

I love Star Trek enterprise. I started watching it but fell out love with it because on E* the channel looks horrible and the OTA channel is owned by Fox which multicast with their regular Fox channel here in NY. The OTA channel looks even worse. So these two reasons were reason enough to not bother with it. One day when there are re-runs or when the DVD comes out I will watch again.

zubinh said:
That was in true Star Trek Form. Yes Reptile Nazi's a little weird but it did what a Star Trek Finale was supposed to do...Keep you in suspense all summer long.

Might want to check out Jolene Blalock in her FHM magazine spread she did a while back. Very Nice Ears :yes

I dont have HD yet, but is Enterprise broadcast in HD? If so, is that the only show broadcast in HD on UPN???

Yes, it is broadcast in HD. It is the only UPN show in HD. But not very many UPN affiliates broadcast in HD, so it's kind of a waste. I saw the FHM and/or Maxim spreads. I know she did 2, but don't remember which.

I love me some Trek, but in suspense all summer long is "Picard the Borg" episode. But back in time on sci-fi shows is the equivalent of sitcoms going to Hawaii. Also, I kept wishing Hoshi would die. She's dead weight on that show.

I was lucky enough to catch it in OTA HD last night and it looked great. Hopefully your UPN affiliates will get their act together soon for you. My local UPN station airs the Wednesday show in HD but then will show it as letterboxed SD on the Sunday reruns. Why, I haven't a clue. Good show but a wierd ending. Maybe something to do with them finding Data's head. ;)

Enterprise may be HD but it depends on the local UPN affiliate. Here in LA we do not get Enterprise in HD. So Enterprise is in HD in only a few markets. Don't know where they are.

cyuhnke said:
Also, I kept wishing Hoshi would die. She's dead weight on that show.

Remember, the universal translator is a work in progress at this point so Hoshi is not necessarily dead weight. Hoshi's not so bad herself either. Check out www.lindapark.com.

Agreed that Best of Both Worlds was the ultimate trek cliffhanger

I'm not complaining so much about the actress, it's the character she plays. I'm not jumping ship. I just think Travis is potentially more interesting if they developed the character.

Of course, to each his own, and Linda Park is pretty. But I'm an ear man myself ;)

Yep, I saw Enterprise in High Def last night. One of the great things about living in the Atlanta suburbs is that I can get all but the PAX affiliate of the local off-air HD broadcasts on a single antenna.

I firmly believe that the next science fiction writer that uses time travel as a plot point should be taken out into the street and shot!

zubinh said:

The only reason I sub to BEV is to get the HD Boston Networks and CityHD which does show Enterprise in High Defintion.
Picture quality is a little bit soft focus but very enjoyable. :D

Walter, if you read this thread, our UPN is supposed to be HD by Fall! I sure hope so, I like Enterprise but the PQ stinks in SD (even digital SD).

astrossuperfan said:
to me that did not look like a reptilian nazi. He was gray (not green) and looked more like a bat to me.

Are you trying to say Batman was a Nazi? :) He sure was something funky. Also, when writers run out of ideas, do they just go to the old standby of interjecting Nazis as the new villians? They were certainly bad, but it's becoming a cliche, sadly.

cyuhnke said:
Yes, it is broadcast in HD. It is the only UPN show in HD. But not very many UPN affiliates broadcast in HD, so it's kind of a waste. I saw the FHM and/or Maxim spreads. I know she did 2, but don't remember which.

It is not the only show in HD on UPN. "Jake 2.0" is also in HD, unless it got cancelled or something.

jsanders said:
It is not the only show in HD on UPN. "Jake 2.0" is also in HD, unless it got cancelled or something.

Didn't know about Jake 2.0. Never had heard of it before. I don't get UPN-HD. In fact, my UPN affiliate isn't even digital. My local FOX owns it, and there is some disturbing talk of multicasting it with FOX's 720p feed.

My install was yesterday morning and I would have loved to have watched Enterprise in HD. Unfortunately the station is not mapped. Even if it was I can not pickup any OTA as of last night. Problem is still going on today. Tried to all Voom but lines are too busy. Can't say that I am very please so far.

UPN also does a friday night movie in HD about once a month... my local UPN station isn't on the air digitally yet, but fortunately for me I can get the Atlanta UPN station (at about 85 miles out) with no problems...

bnaivar said:
I think he was Reman.

Oh yeah. Sorry for reptile Nazi reference. I didn't know what a Reman was until you mentioned Nemesis. I withdraw my objections partly, but still don't like time travel and Nazi cliches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)