Enterprise Fans

We get Enterprise in HD here in Dallas, and Enterprise is probably the best looking OTA program I see in any given week. It is really done well. The weapon was especially impressive in HD.

I agree, we get UPN in HD up here in Seattle (in fact, every channel up here is in HD) and Enterprise is a show that is very impressive in HD. Alias is another great HD show. Now if only the simpsons would switch to HD, I'd be WAY happy... remember when the simpsons was one of the few surround sound shows on the air?

because I'm the biggest nerd ever, I looked over at the Star Trek forum about what that nazi was. Most think it was a Reman. So there you have it, if the ST nation thinks it was a Reman, it probably was a Reman.

CraziFuzzy said:
I agree, we get UPN in HD up here in Seattle (in fact, every channel up here is in HD) and Enterprise is a show that is very impressive in HD. Alias is another great HD show. Now if only the simpsons would switch to HD, I'd be WAY happy... remember when the simpsons was one of the few surround sound shows on the air?

Just to let you know, Alias has been "postponed" for next year. I'm so jealous you guys get Enterprise in HD. If I had to guess when my UPN went HD, it would be 2010.

cyuhnke said:
Just to let you know, Alias has been "postponed" for next year.

Yeah, I know, not until January... that is actually good for me, since i will not be on the continent when the normal season WOULD have started. This way I won't miss anything.. :)

cyuhnke said:
Also, I kept wishing Hoshi would die. She's dead weight on that show.

Whaaaaa?!?!? You mean she didn't do enough for you? Oh deciphering and breaking encryptions in an alien language not good enough for you! Being kidnapped because of said ability not good enough for you... her little break down not good enough for you... how about her giving herself up so Enterprise can get some key information. Not good enough....

Hoshi is one the most important characters on the show and she isn't that bad of character either.

If you want to talk about bad characters... how about Travis... what has he done?

And Enterprise this season was the best Trek in a long, long time.

BTY... just kidding about Hoshi.. I just like her character... it's okay if you don't.

Funny stuff :clap

I'm just a T'Pol man, myself. I keep hoping for those black bars to disappear :)

There may not be enough room for Travis. Between Archer, Reed, and Trip, there's not much leftover for him. I like Travis though, and I'm sure he's not going anywhere. If I had to predict a cast change, and I'm not, I think Reed would go.

Your right, this season was excellent. I was worried about the show last year, but I'm now sure Enterprise is going to make it.

cyuhnke said:
Your right, this season was excellent. I was worried about the show last year, but I'm now sure Enterprise is going to make it.

I agree.. last season was enough to make me quite watching. I only started watching again in Feb when I got HD and was curious about how it would look in HD, and got hooked. I wasn't crazy about the Xindi story line, but it did give you a good reason to tune in every week to see what was going to happen.

Sean Mota said:
I love Star Trek enterprise. I started watching it but fell out love with it because on E* the channel looks horrible and the OTA channel is owned by Fox which multicast with their regular Fox channel here in NY. The OTA channel looks even worse. So these two reasons were reason enough to not bother with it. One day when there are re-runs or when the DVD comes out I will watch again.

Sorry to rub it in, but you are majorly missing out. Picture quality wise, this is probably the best looking HD on TV right now. HD was made for shows like this.

I honestly hope not. I would have gained much more enjoyment from TNG staying on air than I have from the movies. If you have a good home theater, and can get an HD reception, it's better than the cinema IMO. On the other hand, if the movie contains nudity . . . :dev

cyuhnke said:
Oh yeah. Sorry for reptile Nazi reference. I didn't know what a Reman was until you mentioned Nemesis. I withdraw my objections partly, but still don't like time travel and Nazi cliches.

I loved this season of Enterprise. I enjoy season long themes in shows like this. It gives great continuity from week to week.

I wasn't sure if Enterprise would be returning next season, and all I could think of at the end of the season finale, is "Quantum Leap". Bakula gets shoved back into 1942 as a POW of the Nazis!

larrybud said:
I loved this season of Enterprise. I enjoy season long themes in shows like this. It gives great continuity from week to week.
I wasn't sure if Enterprise would be returning next season, and all I could think of at the end of the season finale, is "Quantum Leap". Bakula gets shoved back into 1942 as a POW of the Nazis!

Yeah, and couldn't they get Dean Stockwell to play Andrews, tour guide from the future.

I wish they would bring the Ferrengies into Enterprise! I miss them.

Also, anybody here besides me thinking that the smooth-headed ladies who helped the Xindis were Borgs from the future? Their clothing had almost the same neckline as the Borg queen and I think they had the same eyes.

This whole thread is really off-topic from VOOM. But it's fun.

The PQ of Enterprise was amazing....(back on topic :D )

I don't think they were borg because they had no robotic implants, or evidence of implants. The shots from their hands and the walk through walls thing was pretty sweet.

No, definately not Borg, but of course, there is only so many different ways you can change the human face to make it look alien, it is entirely possible they are just running out of faces for new races.

No UPN affiliate in Erie, PA

At least most of you are getting UPN in SD. Unfortunately, there are no local UPN affiliates in Erie, PA. There is no way to get it. Unless you have cable. :(

-Siva

UPN is why we still have local cable. Can't get OTA here. Now that the Enterprise season finale is over, and we use cable less and less, we will probably drop cable and stick with VaVaVoom without OTA -- and just hope that VOOM will eventually carry local network affiliates. (not holding our breath tho) Our viewing habits have changed a lot in just a week or two of VaVaV*. We will miss Enterprise, but one program is not worth $20 a month for local cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts