Epix & Dish in Talks

If what I read quite a while ago on AVSForum is true, I can't imagine Dish ever carrying Epix.

What I read was that Epix repeats as much as Voom or Smithsonian.

Digiblur seems to think the fact that the EPIX HD channel (TMP65) was assigned a Dish Latino number in a previous uplink means the contracts have been signed as he says they usually don't do that unless negotiations are complete.

On the Scotty Chat audio podcast last night (around 55:25) Scott mentioned the holdup was about getting authentication for E* customers to use the EPIX website and some problems they were having.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/satelliteguys/2010/02/09/scotty-chat.mp3?localembed=download (Mp3 link)

If what I read quite a while ago on AVSForum is true, I can't imagine Dish ever carrying Epix.

What I read was that Epix repeats as much as Voom or Smithsonian.

If you think Dish dropped Voom or Smithsonian due to repeats then you believe press releases too much. Dish dropped both due to disagreements over carriage fees.

If you think Dish dropped Voom or Smithsonian due to repeats then you believe press releases too much. Dish dropped both due to disagreements over carriage fees.
Which of course hinges on the value of the channel to the customer, where endless repeats are definitely not worth as much as a channel that has a lot of different content.

Digiblur seems to think the fact that the EPIX HD channel (TMP65) was assigned a Dish Latino number in a previous uplink means the contracts have been signed as he says they usually don't do that unless negotiations are complete.

On the Scotty Chat audio podcast last night (around 55:25) Scott mentioned the holdup was about getting authentication for E* customers to use the EPIX website and some problems they were having.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/satelliteguys/2010/02/09/scotty-chat.mp3?localembed=download (Mp3 link)

EPIX website has been around for 4 months and they can not
handle Dish customers coming in and using their website
when Dish adds the channel?

EPIX website has been around for 4 months and they can not
handle Dish customers coming in and using their website
when Dish adds the channel?

As Scott said in the podcast the EPIX authentication scheme is designed for people who have their email/internet service and video services from the same company (Verizon FIOS, cable and telco providers, etc.), but Dish customers have emails from a variety of sources. They are supposedly trying to merge the databases and ran into some issues, which I can believe because just yesterday I tried to use my Dish login (as I was prompted) to register for the NBC Olympics live online streaming and I got an error message. :confused:

I actually got to watch some of EPIX HD a few weeks ago as Dish was broadcasting it in the clear so that FTA receivers could pick the channel up... it looked amazing. :)

Although not many movies I would watch on it.

I actually got to watch some of EPIX HD a few weeks ago as Dish was broadcasting it in the clear so that FTA receivers could pick the channel up... it looked amazing. :)

Although not many movies I would watch on it.
you give it a soso channel then:D:)i now you said you dont know anymore but i bet charlie is loving the station lol

Do you think Epix will be in the "second wave" of HD channels?
Anything is possible.

People PLEASE stop PMing me asking me about EPIX and "Phase 2" of new HD. I have no info other then what I have already said. PMing me and asking me the same question over and over again is not going to change my answer.

When I know more you guys will know more. :)

Thanks!

But Scooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttt, when will we get it??????????????????????????

ON the internets, no one can hear you whine. :p

Are you on twitter so everyone can tweet you there also? :)

Last edited:
How many more months until Epix gets the email problem fixed?

Epix has been around since October of last year so they have had 4 months to fix the problem

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)