Epix3 on DishOnline.com

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Okay I know there is an Epix 3 thread recently started but that is about FSN airing on the channel my question deals with Dish Online so I thought it might be prudent to get a response to my question if I posted a new thread.

Anyways for some reason DishOnline.com is telling me that I need to update my subscription to get the Video on Demand content for Epix 3. I receive the linear channel in the 280-300 range in SD. I subscribe to Top 250 with HBO/Cinemax, Showtime & Starz, with HD Gold & Plat. so is there a reason why I'm not able to receive the video on demand stuff on Dish Online ?

Edit: I finally got the on demand content unlocked after going through three dish network representatives two who clearly have no clue about DishOnline.com. I'm going to post the chat log for your entertainment because I clearly stated my problem and some of the responses I had gotten were pretty out there. Getting this done was like trying to get information from a CIA operative. Anyways if you're bored and want to read the chat log click on "spoiler"

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.

(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: How may I help you?

Kevin: I was wondering why I receive Epix 3 on channel 292 but when I go to DishOnline.com it says I have to upgrade to receive the Video On Demand content

(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: I am sorry for that.

Kevin: I subscribe to the top 250, with all four premiums and hd gold & plat
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: All right.
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: Video on Demand is something like PPV movie channels.
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: However you are subscribed to the EPIX 3 channel.
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: You must get this channel.

Kevin: I get the channel on my dish network service and every other channel I subscribe to is unlocked at DishOnline.com except for Epix3 it says I need to upgrade my subscription to view the content

(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: .
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: Are you not getting any other channels on your TV?

Kevin: I'm getting every channel on my TV service just fine i'm wondering why I'm not able to get access to the content at http://www.dishonline.com when I clearly have the channel. All the content for the other channels I subscribe to is unlocked except for the Epix 3 on Demand content which is part of Dish Networks TV Everywhere campaign

(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: .
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: I am sorry for that.
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM: I see that, you are facing some Technical problems and I need to Transfer your chat to our Technical Department where they will try there best to resolve this issue, please be online.
(03) HY Smidth M.BCM has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (04) Technical Support department to assist you.

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: How may I help you?

Kevin: one second

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: Sure.

Kevin: I was wondering why I receive Epix 3 on channel 292 but when I go to DishOnline.com it says I have to upgrade to receive the Video On Demand content
Kevin: I subscribe to the top 250, with all four premiums and hd gold & plat

Kevin: Every channel I subscribe to is unlocked at DishOnline.com except for Epix3 it says I need to upgrade my subscription to view the content

Kevin: I'm getting every channel on my TV service just fine i'm wondering why I'm not able to get access to the content at http://www.dishonline.com when I clearly have the channel. All the content for the other channels I subscribe to is unlocked except for the Epix 3 on Demand content which is part of Dish Networks TV Everywhere campaign

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: To ensure I have the correct account pulled up, will you please verify the 4 digit PIN on the account?

Kevin:

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: Thank you.
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: Please go to channel 292 again.
Kevin: yeah I receive the channel just fine

Kevin: I'm just wondering why when I go to http://www.dishonline.com it says I need to update my subscription to receive the video on demand stuff for Epix 3

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: Is it the show that you are watching awhile ago?
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: No need for you to do that.
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: Actually, I just received a session from a different customer with the same issue.

Kevin: ok where you able to help the customer ?

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: Yes.

Kevin: cool

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: The customer said she is a watching a movie then a music program replace it.

Kevin: thats not my problem

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: While I am checking what I can do to solve the issue, the customer said she just got the movie again.
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: That is one of the possible effect if the provider of the channel changes the shows at the last minute for the list.

Kevin: I'm not actually having problems with the regular dish network tv service, I'm just not able to access the content at DishOnline.com that dishnetwork offers to customers who get the channel

Kevin: I know it's beta but i'm talking about the internet streaming stuff that dish has just started offering

(03) MKtech Riza K.56W: I will transfer you to the right department for further assistance.
(03) MKtech Riza K.56W has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (17) Tier 2 Tech Support department to assist you.

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
Thank you for contacting Tier 2 Tech Support. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to review the information you have already provided.

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Hello and thank you for your patience. Please hold 1-2 minutes while I review the previous chat in order to assist you today.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: I show your needing help with dishonline?

Kevin: yeah pretty much

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: I'd be glad to help you today Kevin.

Kevin: I have epix 3 on my regular dish network service on channel 292 but on dishonline it says i need to upgrade my account to view the epix 3 ondemand content

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Okay
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: I'd be glad to assist you.

Kevin: I don't know how more straight forward I can be about my problem/issue

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: I understand the issue Kevin.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Please give me one minute to research this for you.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: On dish online is it saying epix 3 or just "epix?

Kevin: The content for Epix is unlocked and below all the content that is unlocked for me it says Upgrade Your Dish Network Sevice to View The 3 Epix

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: All right.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: One more minute please.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Thanks for waiting Kevin.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Are you logged into dish online right now?

Kevin: yes

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Please log out of that site (but not this site)

Kevin: ok
Kevin: I'm logged out

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Thanks.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: One minute please.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: On your TV1 dish remote, hit menu, system setup, diagnostics.

Kevin: ok I will have to leave the room where the PC is

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: No problem.

Kevin: any other steps that I will have to perform

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Once you get there, go to analysis.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Choose "send status".

Kevin: finished
Kevin: do you need the code that it gave me after I sent the status

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Thanks
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: No that is fine, one more moment please.
(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Go ahead and log back in now.

Kevin: It's now unlocked

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Okay

Kevin: Thank you for your help
Kevin: thats all the assistance I need for tonight

(04) Tu T2P Brad T.V6H: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a pleasant evening!

Attachments

• Dishonline.JPG
    Dishonline.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Kevin,

Thanks for the laugh, man! Businesses in general simply do not place an emphasis on customer service anymore. They're willing to farm out their first tier CS to the lowest bidder, regardless of the ability of the representatives to speak and write the English language, not to mention their level of understanding of the product for which they are providing the service. It's all rather funny . . . that is, until you are the one needing customer service!

Very funny. I once argued with a Cable Tech support over a problem. She wanted me to put the TV on channel 3 when the HD Box was connected via HDMI. Not joking!

Lmao...... You know why it's so funny.....Because that is exactly what we all go through with CS...... So we can all relate to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts