EPIX3

I look at it this way.AlaCart is expensive compared to package priced programming.But it's nice for Dishnetwork to offer it for those who might want it separately.:)

I would imagine it has a grayed out check mark cause it's in Free Preview,hope they add it to the Everything Package.:D
Don't think it a Free Preview, if you go to the E* site and check what's in the AT250 package it's listed as of yesterday.

Jhon69 said:
I look at it this way.AlaCart is expensive compared to package priced programming.But it's nice for Dishnetwork to offer it for those who might want it separately.:)

I would imagine it has a grayed out check mark cause it's in Free Preview,hope they add it to the Everything Package.:D

It is in the everything package. If you like 60 junk then this channel is great if not well.........

Must be for subs that do not have the AT250.

Edit: Just checked my account under additional programming and EPIX 3 has a grayed out check mark. Seems rather pricey for one SD channel.

Let that $7 serve as one more marker for people who think their bills would go down with a la carte programming. :rolleyes:

Doubt I will watch it since it is in SD and not HD. I rarely watch any of the Encore channels other than the HD Encore channel.

For the short time I had the 250 pk I would only watch the Encore HD channel too. Personally, I think the Epix channels blow away the Encore channels.

Its not even a question of doubt. If it isn't on the all hd list, it isn't on my tv as far as I am concerned.

But I would love a third Epix channel in HD. Epix is awesome.

I agree about Epix...they are great channels...at first I was upset that Epix 3 wasn't added to my 200 pk, but when I read it was SD I didn't care as much..I don't understand why Dish would put another SD channel in their top package...or really on any package.

Ghpr13:)

Last edited:
having epix 3 become available in 250 pack and via alacarte scares me!

this makes me worry they may soon take epix 1 & 2 away from the plat pack with 200 that i currently have, add then to either 250 pack or alacart also? anyone else worry that?

i think Epix is a great value, thats why i think if they say its worth $7 a month , they may decide to move it upscale package wise..?

So the Epix channel is $7.00 or all three Epix channels for $7.00? If it is only one
EPIX channel for $7.00 vs nine HBO channels for $16.00. I can't see how they can charge that much for ONE SD channel.
9 channels that show the same crap over and over again...EPIX is still maturing

For the short time I had the 250 pk I would only watch the Encore HD channel too. Personally, I think the Epix channels blow away the Encore channels.

I agree about Epix...they are great channels...at first I was upset that Epix 3 wasn't added to my 200 pk, but when I read it was SD I didn't care as much..I don't understand why Dish would put another SD channel in their top package...or really on any package.

Are you making the mistake thinking there are more HD subscribers than SD subscribers?.You HD guys got 2 EPIX channels don't deny me my 1 EPIX 3.;)

In fact if I was Charlie I would make all the HD channels that are different and not in MPEG2,MPEG2 as long as there is a SD receiver out in the field there is a possible buyer for those channels.Make it so Charlie you big brute!.;):D

I enjoy HBO, I think they show different things each week, EPIX can be argued to show the same thing over and over again cept at least what they show seems to be more popular at least for me as in Indian jones movies, Iron man etc... Now if EPIX 3 goes HD they will still show whats on 1 and 2 just as 1 and 2 already show what's on each other so I don't see where its going to be a good buy if you need to sub to a additional channel over what you already get from the $10 platinum addition.

HBo is the home of original series tv like :

True Blood
Entourage
Hung

Just to name a few. I watch Hbo for the series tv more than the movies. The movies are just the cream on top. I can NOT see paying $7.00 for one SD movie channel. I am paying about $1.78 average cost per channel with HBO and I get access to new series tv shows and movies and most if not all are in HD.

Are you making the mistake thinking there are more HD subscribers than SD subscribers?.You HD guys got 2 EPIX channels don't deny me my 1 EPIX 3.;)

In fact if I was Charlie I would make all the HD channels that are different and not in MPEG2,MPEG2 as long as there is a SD receiver out in the field there is a possible buyer for those channels.Make it so Charlie you big brute!.;):D

I humbly ask for a pardon on my mistake. May your EPIX 3 SD channel live long & prosper!:D

hmm i don't really see the logic in all of this. i mean i have the at 200 w/ platinum and i get both epix, epix 2. i dont understand why they ( dish ) would just add Epix 3 to the platinum pk both hd/ standard. but i guess for the people who are non platinum subs need a little love too, oh well i am happy with Epix 1 & 2.

Old DISH 500

what multiswitch do I need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)