Equipment Obsolete meesage

I don't think it would work on old Legacy stuff but I could be wrong
The Wally is able to use a Legacy signal. It would be limited to one tuner however.

got new equipment and purchased a Wally and hooked it up to where my 311 was and now can't get a signal. Do i need to change to a different LNB on my dish for the Wally or should it work with how the 311 was set up? ?
What message are you getting, exactly? If you haven't done so already, a check switch needs to be performed so that the Wally detects the LNB/Switch you are using. This is done in the Diagnostics menu (Home x 3) under the Dish information section on the left. The option is called test installation.

What kind of LNB setup do you have? Is it Legacy (the real old stuff) or Dish Pro? I don't think it would work on old Legacy stuff but I could be wrong
When I switched out a 311 to a Wally for my relative I had a DishProPlus Twin LNB set up. The Wally accepted that and I added a DishPro Single for HD
It says dp plus digital LNBF

The Wally is able to use a Legacy signal. It would be limited to one tuner however.

What message are you getting, exactly? If you haven't done so already, a check switch needs to be performed so that the Wally detects the LNB/Switch you are using. This is done in the Diagnostics menu (Home x 3) under the Dish information section on the left. The option is called test installation.
it did that and it said test failed

Reactions: charlesrshell
got new equipment and purchased a Wally and hooked it up to where my 311 was and now can't get a signal. Do i need to change to a different LNB on my dish for the Wally or should it work with how the 311 was set up? ?
If you have a Dish Pro LNBF, it's possibly the LNBF or something is connected wrong. You know, Dish is doing these upgrades for free, which means a tech coming out and giving you the newest Dish/LNB and making sure it works correctly - for free.
Did I say they do this for free?