equipment opinion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

homes

Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
this fta new to me but since i used to play around with satelites my brother send me a gift,pansat 3600sd,invacom quad polar legacy,dms 2100,and a digiwave dish which measures 36 inches across.i had an old ham tower i found so i cemented it along side of the house last weekend and have bolte dit to the top of the house and the pole seems level in all directions,but im told a 36 inch dish is to big because when we get chinook winds it will jst move around to much.anyway just curious if this equipment is good for a setup,its all new

Hello and WELCOME to the satelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Sounds like a nice setup! But its true these larger dish really catch the wind. Its always a good idea to keep the dish as LOW as it can possibly go while giving you line of sight to the satellite/s of interest!

Another option is to remove the dish reflector before any storms hit, would only take a minute and is easily done by loosening the 4 bolts that keep it in place!

well see what happens going to try to put this dam thing up today,should be a good addition to my c band as i use that for movies and cnn and whatever i get on this wil be bonus

does anyone have a good link to the best way and instructions of bolting the dish to the main pole,and in finding the satelites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)