equipment opinion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

homes

Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
this fta new to me but since i used to play around with satelites my brother send me a gift,pansat 3600sd,invacom quad polar legacy,dms 2100,and a digiwave dish which measures 36 inches across.i had an old ham tower i found so i cemented it along side of the house last weekend and have bolte dit to the top of the house and the pole seems level in all directions,but im told a 36 inch dish is to big because when we get chinook winds it will jst move around to much.anyway just curious if this equipment is good for a setup,its all new

Hello and WELCOME to the satelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Sounds like a nice setup! But its true these larger dish really catch the wind. Its always a good idea to keep the dish as LOW as it can possibly go while giving you line of sight to the satellite/s of interest!

Another option is to remove the dish reflector before any storms hit, would only take a minute and is easily done by loosening the 4 bolts that keep it in place!

well see what happens going to try to put this dam thing up today,should be a good addition to my c band as i use that for movies and cnn and whatever i get on this wil be bonus

does anyone have a good link to the best way and instructions of bolting the dish to the main pole,and in finding the satelites

Status
Please reply by conversation.