Status
Please reply by conversation.

fr8flyr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 4, 2003
Providence Forge, VA
I am thinking about switching to Cox cable from DTV due to the price. I can get it bundled with my internet and basically the same channels, for a lot less per month.. I am not on a contract with DTV and I have 2 DVR's and 2 plain receivers with the whole house system. What do you think they will want back and will they send me the boxes to ship it to them? Will they want the LNB and antenna back? There isn't any way I am getting up on the roof and taking that down.

Assuming the receivers/dvrs are leased, and they almost definitely are, they will want them back and will send prepaid shipping labels with the return kit. They won't ask for lnbs or dishes, they are yours to do with as you please.

Assuming the receivers/dvrs are leased, and they almost definitely are, they will want them back and will send prepaid shipping labels with the return kit. They won't ask for lnbs or dishes, they are yours to do with as you please.
Unless they are older recvr, a lot of them they are telling people to not send them back.
He didn't say what recvr models they were.

Unless they are older recvr, a lot of them they are telling people to not send them back.

That's true Jimbo. Many of the older models prior to the HR24s aren't on the returnable list.

That's true Jimbo. Many of the older models prior to the HR24s aren't on the returnable list.

I have 2 H25-100's, 1 HR24-500 and 1 HR34-700. I think they will definitely want the HR24 and the HR34 but I am not sure about the H25's. I am glad I don't have to mess with the LNB. When I switched from Dish to DTV a few years ago I had to send the LNB back to them, along with my receivers.

I have 2 H25-100's, 1 HR24-500 and 1 HR34-700. I think they will definitely want the HR24 and the HR34 but I am not sure about the H25's. I am glad I don't have to mess with the LNB. When I switched from Dish to DTV a few years ago I had to send the LNB back to them, along with my receivers.
Its quite possible that they will want them all back.
No worry about LNB ... that dish and LNB belong to you now.

Like jimbo said , they will likely want all of those boxes back.

I ended up with a 20 and two 22s last time I swapped.

I've never sent back anything but the boxes themselves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts