equipment shortage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe with the HS17, but not with the HR series ....
I can't imagine trying to record 7 different shows at the same time ....
I could never find 7 things worth recording, let alone having them all on at the same time.

It isn't about recording 7 things at once, it is about recording x things at once while having y TVs turned on, where x + y might be greater than 7 on occasion.

But are those (alleged) "net adds" to Uverse in the legacy ADSL TV side, the internet side (Gigapower or ADSL) or the Gigapower IPTV side - since they do seem to call ALL these "Uverse"??? Since the TV equipment on the Gigapower platform is different from the ADSL platform, I really DO believe those net adds HAVE to be on the Gigapower platform...& NOT the ADSL platform. Which is why it makes (LESS than) zero sense why there's an equipment shortage on the ADSL equipment...unless it's (most likely) AT&T's piss-poor handling of their equipment inventory.

No, AT&T is specifically talking about video, and calling them "video adds" for Uverse. During the earnings calls they've been breaking down the gains/losses for video between Directv satellite, Uverse TV and Directv Now since the analysts keep asking. Next year they'll have to break it down between those as well as the upcoming 'Directv over IP' product and AT&T Watch.

Uverse TV
But, AGAIN, there IS a difference between Uverse TV over (legacy) ADSL & Uverse TV over (Gigapower) fiber...they do NOT use the same STB's - hence why I still say something still makes NO sense on there being a STB shortage on the ADSL platform, not to also mention I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, doubt they're getting the bulk, if any appreciable amount, of their video adds on ADSL.

Ah OK didn't realize there were two different kinds of Uverse TV. No way to know how many subscribe to each version unless AT&T decided to share that information for some reason.

They might not need to get very many new installs on the DSL side for that to be a problem, if their forecasting was off. They may well have quit making set tops for the DSL side a while ago, so if they get caught short due to new adds and/or existing customers having boxes go bad they'd be kind of stuck.

But are those (alleged) "net adds" to Uverse in the legacy ADSL TV side, the internet side (Gigapower or ADSL) or the Gigapower IPTV side - since they do seem to call ALL these "Uverse"??? Since the TV equipment on the Gigapower platform is different from the ADSL platform, I really DO believe those net adds HAVE to be on the Gigapower platform...& NOT the ADSL platform. Which is why it makes (LESS than) zero sense why there's an equipment shortage on the ADSL equipment...unless it's (most likely) AT&T's piss-poor handling of their equipment inventory.
Where is Gigapower TV found ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts