Equipment Upgrade ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

muskyj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Hello, I tried to search before posting this but I couldn't find it.

I have three HD receivers a Samsung, a Directv H20 and a HR10 with the old 3lnb dish.

If I understand correctly I'll have to upgrade the HR10 and Samsung to get the new HD channels when they start (Correct?).

If this is so, I was thinking of upgrading the Samsung first with a HR20 DVR and keep the HR10 for now. Is this possible?

Thanks

Call DirecTV and see whats available to you. Chances are you will need a new Dish as well to pick up the new MPEG4 HD channels.

If I understand correctly I'll have to upgrade the HR10 and Samsung to get the new HD channels when they start (Correct?).

If this is so, I was thinking of upgrading the Samsung first with a HR20 DVR and keep the HR10 for now. Is this possible?

Thanks
Yes, you will need the 5LNB dish to receive the new MPEG4 channels. Many have
called to upgrade, and got the dish for free and the HR-20 for shipping (19.95).
Your mileage may vary....your HR10 will work just fine with the new dish, but of
course you will not get the MPEG4 channels.

I figured I'd need the new dish and was thinking I would get that for free.

When I upgraded to the HR10 I was able to get that for just shipping. Do you think that Directv would upgrade my HR10 and the Samsung at the same time?

I'm going to try an call later today, so I'll post what they say. I'm a big sport package subscriber so I usually get a good deal without complaining.

probably, but i'm not sure you would get a great deal for both. my preference would be the upgrade to the hr20, as obviously the standard upgrade is $300. if you can get it for the price of shipping or even 99 bucks, thats great.

i have the h10 and i was able to get a free upgrade to the h20 including free shipping.

Can you post what upgrade offer you get?

I have an HR10-250 and R15-500 that I would like to upgrade to get the new HD channels. The R15 is highest on my priority list, to get DVR service on that TV. They offered me $299 with a $100 rebate for a single receiver.

i hope they didn't offer you the r-15 for 299 minus 100 rebate as the upgrade fee is only 99 dollars. i presume you mean the hr-20.....the hd dvr!

i hope they didn't offer you the r-15 for 299 minus 100 rebate as the upgrade fee is only 99 dollars. i presume you mean the hr-20.....the hd dvr!

The R15 is what I want to get rid of - not what I want to buy (lease). I am looking to upgrade from an R15 on one TV (being my priority since it's not a DVR) and an HR10-250 on another.

The R15 is what I want to get rid of - not what I want to buy (lease). I am looking to upgrade from an R15 on one TV (being my priority since it's not a DVR) and an HR10-250 on another.

I'm confused. The R15 is a DVR. Are you saying you have another TV that you want to upgrade to the DVR? Or did you mean to upgrade to the HD (H20) or HD DVR (HR20)?

I upgraded my samsung to the HR20 for 199 and $75 in credits. I guess if I called back a couple times I could have done better, but it was good enough for me. Installation will be Saturday, so we'll see how that goes with the new dish.

I'm confused. The R15 is a DVR. Are you saying you have another TV that you want to upgrade to the DVR? Or did you mean to upgrade to the HD (H20) or HD DVR (HR20)?
I didn't have my model number at work, and that's what they told me I had. It's actually an H10 HD receiver and HR10-250 HD DVR that I want to upgrade. Sorry about the confusion! (but it was D*'s fault!) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)