Equity at it again.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Noticed Sunday night KQOK (the channel that always has that jewelry crap) was showing wrestling. The same stuff as on the others (WNYI, KWBS, KWWF (partial), WBIF (partial))

KWWF & WBIF showed NWA Wildside at 6, but went ot UPN programming at 7 Central

KQOK didnt show a top of hour ID

These are stations that are actually being broadcast over the air, right? The poor viewers in those areas must be so confused by now.

yep
KQOK is Ch 45 OTA in Shawnee, OK

some of those areas seem to change weekly
WBIF as an example
PAX, then Lick TV, then Daystar, then Lick TV, then UPN, then UPN during the week and Lick TV on weekends (sometimes)

KWBS has gone from Pax to Lick TV to Daystar and has been on Lick Tv for a while now :)

I was mainly asking if they are actually making use of their licensed broadcast frequencies to officially 'air' this content, or if the stations are still in some test phase on G10R. Of course if they are testing, they will still be there when they go live. I have all their assigned broadcast channels and geographic origins listed on my online FTA channel lineup (but the network affiliations haven't been updated in a while).

The ones that keep changing (WBIF, KWBS, WBMM) are on cable in the respected communites (using zap2it.com and selecting the cable for that area)

KQOK is on Shawnee's cable (channel 22)

wrestling and boxing most nights between 7-10 central
They ID as "Lick TV" at the top of the hour...saw it before Bonanza on WNYI (Bonanza is on at 6 Central)

It quickly shows "Lick TV" and then the "C" makes like a big tongue and "licks" the screen. It then says "Lick TV" and the actual call letters for the station below it. There's a voice over that says "You're watching Lick TV. Flush your remote controla nd keep the channel here...because you're about to get licked"

WNYI 52 Ithaca/Syracuse
WPXS Mt Vernon

WBIF now ID's as "UPN NW Florida"

KWBS is just a slate with KWBS Sprinfield Ft Smith Fayetteville" on it

KWBS changed its OTA signal to KWFT. Howver, this was a problem because viewers in part of Missouri were in KWBM's signal area, so they gave them the Lick TV feed and in Ft Smith they get the KWBS/KWFT feed now.

WHat I haven't figured out is the point behind Lick TV yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)