Error 04 on vip622...what's going on?

brabus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
Since a few days ago, my 622 has started popping up w/ error message 04 (something wrong w/ your switch, run check switch...blah blah) constantly. There is no disruption in signal, just keeps saying my switch is bad. I've ran check switch a million times, reset the receiver another million times, checked all connections, etc. When the error message box pops up, I just hit "OK" and it goes right back to watching TV. It's as if there's no purpose to this stupid error message; signal isn't lost...I can go back to watching TV just as fast as I can hit "OK." Anyone know what's going on? I wanted to check here before I called Dish...really hate getting the "sir, I'm going to talk you through resetting your receiver"...."I fvcking hate you." Those conversations just piss me off.

Do I need to get a new switch and/or 622 from Dish? Thanks for the insight and help guys.

Edit: I still have 366 software...no update yet. So that's not it.

a) post that error screenshot ( the blah blah doesn't work here )
b) post SystemInfo picture and if there Details, that screen too
3) post signal level for all satellites and all transponders (in simple table)

Then we will talk ;)

I got the same error many, many times either on Friday or Saturday (don't remember for sure) but everything has been fine since. It has rained pretty much non-stop here for 3-4 days and I just blamed the weather. I checked a few transponders on 129 when it was happening and had some signals in the upper 30's so I'm sure that was it.

Here's what the message says: "Error 04. A problem has been detected with your switch. To continue to use your receiver, you must run the "Check Switch" test, available by selecting "Dish Install" option in the installation and setup menu"

This is the message where I hit OK and it goes right back to TV.

I've checked the signals a million times as well...the signals haven't changes a bit since I installed the thing 7 months ago.

119, TX 11 - 94
110, TX 11 - 87
129, TX 2 (that's the TX the locals are on, i.e. the ones I watch) - 65 or so

The 65 has always seemed like a low # to me (especially compared to the 119/110), but I have never had signal issues w/ these numbers, even through a couple snow storms and the heavy rain we've had to last week or so. The dish is solid, no connection problems that I can see, etc.

Don't have time to post screenshots before work, but hopefully this info is what you need. Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it.

129 & 61.5

Vip622 rebate form

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)