ESPN HD going back to 720P? and when?

Wilt said in the Yahoogroups that they've been working on the issue, what I want to know is when is Sportscenter going to have HD clips with their updates. When they do get it fixed I imagine that ESPN will switch between 720p for sports and 1080i for Sportscenter right?

In any case the three baseball games I've caught on ESPNHD, and the football game have looked pretty damn good in 1080i, not really complaining about it.

That Packer's game was about as good as ESPN-HD has ever looked (of course I've never actually seen ESPN-HD on a native 720p display coming through in 720p). It was really nice. But with HD baseball the PQ problems are really evident, and some of those are related to the 720p/1080i switch I'm sure. For me, a red flag has gone up that it has taken so long to fix this problem. I planon asking Wilt again on the 22nd, which is the one month anniversary since I last asked about it.

Edit: Darrell, is ESPN-HD still 1080i from Voom? You're the only person I know who can check. I'd hate to be going on about this if it's been fixed.

squicken said:
That Packer's game was about as good as ESPN-HD has ever looked (of course I've never actually seen ESPN-HD on a native 720p display coming through in 720p). It was really nice. But with HD baseball the PQ problems are really evident, and some of those are related to the 720p/1080i switch I'm sure. For me, a red flag has gone up that it has taken so long to fix this problem. I planon asking Wilt again on the 22nd, which is the one month anniversary since I last asked about it.

Edit: Darrell, is ESPN-HD still 1080i from Voom? You're the only person I know who can check. I'd hate to be going on about this if it's been fixed.
Last I checked it was still 720p, there is a new thread on this subject somewhere, take a look for it, I believe it was posted yesterday or today.

In regard to 720p games, the biggest difference between a 720p and a 1080i game is the fine detail. Up close they look equal, but when they show the wide field shots, that's when the lack of resolution shows up in 720p, the crowd becomes fuzzy, where with 1080i you can make out more faces and detail.

Thanks jawilljr and DarrellP. Hope something eventually changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts