Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

Lem52 said:
The Baseball game looked great here on my Mitsubishi. I noticed alot of real quick black flashes throughout the telecast.

lEM52

I noticed the quick black flashes too. I was hoping that it wasn't just my TV or STB.

I watched the Rangers and Red Soxs game last night and it was great to see another HD channel added. Did anyone see where a Texas Ranger player asked if they were procasting in HD and he said yes and all the Sunday night games will be in HD....I noticed the annoucer Jon said we could see it on channel 73 ...He didn't know it was on 301 Voom.....I guess they will know soon as Voom leads the HD content..HD=Voom

I just happened to catch that part of the game. I was comparing PQ on my Dish 6000 with the rez set to 720p and the Voom auto setting to 1080i. It was hard to tell a difference because it takes a few seconds for the pj to resync when the inputs are switched. It was a toss-up.

If anyone has the ability to see the rez you're tuned into, checkout ESPNHD and see if it is at 1080i like I'm getting.

I had my hocky buds over for the stanley cup playoffs, Flyers and Maple Leafs Sunday in HD and Colorado and San Jose in SD on Saturday. What a difference HD makes, especially with the big checks! ESPN should to do this for all the games.

Hey,
I just got the official announcement from VOOM on ESPN added (via e-mail). This is part of it:

Sports fans rejoice! VOOM has added ESPN HD, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN Classic and ESPNEWS to our programming lineup. When it comes to sporting event coverage and breaking news, ESPN is in a league of its own. And with the NBA Playoffs and Stanley Cup Playoffs in full swing, now is the perfect time to experience ESPN HD in all its 720p high definition glory.

Walter L. said:
Hey,
I just got the official announcement from VOOM on ESPN added (via e-mail). This is part of it:

Sports fans rejoice! VOOM has added ESPN HD, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN Classic and ESPNEWS to our programming lineup. When it comes to sporting event coverage and breaking news, ESPN is in a league of its own. And with the NBA Playoffs and Stanley Cup Playoffs in full swing, now is the perfect time to experience ESPN HD in all its 720p high definition glory.

Pretty funny! My email didn't say anything about 720p.

how does it compare???

I watched the RED SOX vs TEXAS game on ESPNHD, and I thought it looked great.

However, all I have to compare it to, is DISH MLB Extra Innings in SD or ESPN Sunday Night Baseball in SD, or Fox Network in SD.

Has anyone seen any of the other possible cable feeds for HD Baseball and how does it compare? YES and NESN are HD for cable subscribers in the local areas, along with some other local baseball broadcasters.

but the Sox lost

I did enjoy the picture but not the game. :mad:

Still wonder about other feeds. I really thought the ESPNHD was great, good color, sharp, and I can see more of the ballplayers complexion problems than I ever wanted to. :rolleyes:

One of my friends has been watching a lot of ESPN (both HD and SD) and told me about how every couple of minutes there are black flashes where the whole screen goes black for a second and comes back. We watched a bit of a hockey game last night and sure enough it happened on my VOOM, too. Haven't really seen this on any other channels besides the OTAs and the ESPN channels.

Superb!
Champions League Football.
Giddy-up!

Lovin' Voomtown
.... :cool:

?, - anyone with programming info for World Hockey Championship games in the Czech Republic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)