ESPN3D - "Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BrettStah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
OK, I do not yet have a 3D compatible TV, but I plan on getting one in the not too distant future. I was hoping that I could record a few things ahead of time, but I get the above message when I try to record from ESPN3D. I tried with an HR22-100 just now. Do you need to call up DirecTV and add a separate 3D package or something?

Iceberg said:
you need a 3D compatible TV connected.....

no 3D
no recordy

Hmmm... Then I don't understand the warning message I get before the error I quoted above.

"This program is not playable on this TV. Would you like to record it anyway?"

OK, this is weird... I was able to schedule a recording via the DirecTV iPad app!

Alright, I just scheduled something else to record using my normal remote, and it let me. It apparently just won let me start recording what is currently on. Not a big deal at all.

Basically, I may not wind up getting a 3D compatible TV until after football season, so I don't want o have to wait until fall to see what football in 3D looks like!

I never thought about Recording something ahead of time like you mentioned, I Always get the " Your TV is not 3D capable " as expected.... Never went any farther, but Yes, I guess it WILL let you set up a recording, at least it asks you, I just never went that far.

IF I did decide to play with it and Record something while I do not have a #D recvr, would I just get the same message when trying to view it ... Would ANYTHING show up, or would I not be able to at all (presume it would look like encrypted signal or would I get nothing ?)

I wonder why they don't just let you play it... I'm guessing it would look blurry, but if someone wants to watch it (or more likely, they have a 3D set that for some reason isn't properly being identified), then more power to them. They can still warn you when you go to record from a 3D channel, and they can even warn you for a few seconds when you play it back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts